Windows 10: USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

Discus and support USB device not working on Optiplex 9010 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys.Suddenly it happened: each time I plug in something over USB port it doesn't run automatically nor I see USB device (flash memory or disk)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frozensun, May 31, 2020.

1. frozensun Win User

USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

Hi guys.Suddenly it happened:
    each time I plug in something over USB port it doesn't run automatically nor I see USB device (flash memory or disk) inside My Computer.
    I need to go to device manager then go to scan for hardware changes and then W10 recognizes USB device.
    How do I make it run normally when I plug in USB device?

:)

frozensun, May 31, 2020

2. Switching HdD's in Optiplex 9010

My main computer a Dell OptiPlex 9010 (which I’ve had for several years), has a C drive that is a 117 GB HdD. with 68.8 GB free. In the 2nd bay I installed 1.7 TB HdD with 404GB free that is used for storage.
    I bought a 2nd refurbed Dell Optilex 990 to transcode MP4’’s to DVD’s that will play on a stand-a-lone DVD player. My question is, will the Optiplex 990 C- drive; a 1.81 TB HdD with 433 GB free, work in the 9010 chassis & function ok? This 9010 is the one I want to keep. Both computers have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit O.S.

oldyeller38, May 31, 2020
  3. sean5302 Win User
    Dell Optiplex 9010 usff graphics card failure?

Hi chaps and thanks for any help you can give me.

I bought a new mouse. A Corsair M65 pro.
    I downloaded and installed the Corsair iCue software.
    I plugged the usb lead in and the cursor was too reactive to any movement. Literally flying around the screen for a few seconds.
    Next thing the whole screen pixellated and crashed and now the PC won't boot.
    I get 3 orange flashes, pause, 2 orange flashes from the power button light on the Dell Optiplex 9010 USFF.
    The manual says that is possible usb failure.

I disconnected every usb device but the light stays flashing, even with my old mouse.
    The graphics card is onboard, part of the motherboard.
    Any help, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Turned out to be a faulty stick of Ram.
    Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 8GB.
    I'll have to buy another stick.
    So much for Dell diagnostics, eh?
    POS.

sean5302, May 31, 2020
  4. veldthui Win User

USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. USB device not working on Optiplex 9010 - Similar Threads - USB device working

2. Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems: Hello internet,I was wondering if you could solve a small problem for me. Currently I am broke, and using an old OptiPlex for gaming. I have recently had to purchase a WIFI card because the ethernet broke. it shows up, but says ethernet doesn't have a valid Ip configuration...
  3. Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems: Hello internet,I was wondering if you could solve a small problem for me. Currently I am broke, and using an old OptiPlex for gaming. I have recently had to purchase a WIFI card because the ethernet broke. it shows up, but says ethernet doesn't have a valid Ip configuration...
  4. Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ventilador Optiplex 9010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ventilador Optiplex 9010: Tengo una optiplex 9010de los cajones grandes y quiero instalarle un fan pero noto que este es de tres entradas y el de la pc es de 5 y dado eso, no encaja. Hay algun pin con el que pueda conectar ese ventilador o solo puedo usar en el de cinco?...
  6. Ventilador Optiplex 9010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ventilador Optiplex 9010: Tengo una optiplex 9010de los cajones grandes y quiero instalarle un fan pero noto que este es de tres entradas y el de la pc es de 5 y dado eso, no encaja. Hay algun pin con el que pueda conectar ese ventilador o solo puedo usar en el de cinco?...
  7. Ventilador Optiplex 9010

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Dual-drive installation on Dell optiplex 9010 MT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual-drive installation on Dell optiplex 9010 MT: So I recently got an SSD, and i decided to use it for my boot drive, and then on the other hand i got my HDD where windows does not recognizes it, i have it connected to my P6 port, and my SSD connected to P5 port, i have a SATA cable connected to my SSD, point being, im...
  9. Switching HdD's in Optiplex 9010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching HdD's in Optiplex 9010: My main computer a Dell OptiPlex 9010 (which I’ve had for several years), has a C drive that is a 117 GB HdD. with 68.8 GB free. In the 2nd bay I installed 1.7 TB HdD with 404GB free that is used for storage. I bought a 2nd refurbed Dell Optilex 990 to transcode MP4’’s to...
  10. Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem: Hello dear friends, i have been tackling with a weird issue for upto a month now. i have bought dell optiplex 9010 with core i7 3770 processor with 4gb ram. i have run every diagnostic test, checked hdd health, checked ram, cpu temperature,updated bios...etc everything is...