Windows 10: USB device over current status detected.

Discus and support USB device over current status detected. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When starting to boot up I get this message: "USB device over current status detected. System will shut down after 15 seconds." I have disconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edokie, Dec 31, 2018.

1. edokie Win User

USB device over current status detected.

When starting to boot up I get this message: "USB device over current status detected. System will shut down after 15 seconds." I have disconnected everything from USB and I still get the same error message and the system still shuts down after 15 seconds. Windows 10 Pro, Intel 6800K processor, EVGA GTX 1060 graphics card, 32GB RAM, 750W Corsair power supply, 500GB Samsung SSD, Several WD hard drives. Prior to this problem I was transferring video from this computer to a newer computer via flash drives. Nothing is now connected to the computer by way of USB, and I still get the same error message. Any suggestions how to proceed? Thanks.

:)

edokie, Dec 31, 2018

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2018
  3. usb device over current problem

I have an asus M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard I turned it on today after shutting it down last night. Now is says on the screen usb device over current status. System will shut down in fifteen seconds. What do I do to fix the computer. Its custom built and came without manuals

toadplugger, Dec 31, 2018
  4. USB device over current status detected.

3.0 USB not compatible with USB 2.0 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As the USB 3.0 ports are unable to detect the USB 2.0 device, the issue might be with the USB drivers. I suggest you to update the driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Uninstall.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

USB device over current status detected.

1. USB device over current status detected. - Similar Threads - USB device current

2. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  3. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  4. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  5. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  6. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  7. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  8. Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  9. USB Device Over Current Status Detected error on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    USB Device Over Current Status Detected error on Windows computer: [IMG]If you receive the USB Device Over Current Status Detected error notification message when you power on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions affected users can try to...
  10. USB Device over current status detected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Device over current status detected.: Recently i have issues with my PC, if some one knows how too fix this issue i would really apreaciate it. [ATTACH] After that my PC just shut down after 15 Seconds, my keyboard frezze and i can't open BIOS. I try evreything from checking my USB ports, too jumpers on...