Windows 10: USB Device over current status detected.

Discus and support USB Device over current status detected. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i have issues with my PC, if some one knows how too fix this issue i would really apreaciate it. [ATTACH] After that my PC just shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FarukCola, Mar 26, 2021.

1. FarukCola Win User

USB Device over current status detected.

Recently i have issues with my PC, if some one knows how too fix this issue i would really apreaciate it.

USB Device over current status detected. b2b98d97-c7ee-41f6-b324-9515e886dad9?upload=true.jpg

After that my PC just shut down after 15 Seconds, my keyboard frezze and i can't open BIOS.

I try evreything from checking my USB ports, too jumpers on motherboard, all cables are good as my CPU and evreything else, BIOS battery restarded, i really don't know what is the issue, the thing is that sometimes my PC works fine, and some time i get this error and then it wont work .I dont think it has too do anything with my software my windows are the latest version as my drivers etc...I was searching on web what could be the error but evreything i founded nothing help too fix this issue.

:)

FarukCola, Mar 26, 2021
  2. edokie Win User

USB device over current status detected.

When starting to boot up I get this message: "USB device over current status detected. System will shut down after 15 seconds." I have disconnected everything from USB and I still get the same error message and the system still shuts down after 15 seconds.
    Windows 10 Pro, Intel 6800K processor, EVGA GTX 1060 graphics card, 32GB RAM, 750W Corsair power supply, 500GB Samsung SSD, Several WD hard drives. Prior to this problem I was transferring video from this computer to a newer computer via flash drives. Nothing
    is now connected to the computer by way of USB, and I still get the same error message. Any suggestions how to proceed? Thanks.

edokie, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

USB device not detected

Hi Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To analyze and for us to know the root cause of the issue, please help us with the following details:

• What is the version of Windows installed on the machine?

(Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type
      winver in the Run box to know the same.)
    • Does the USB device work on other computers?
    • Does the issue persist when you plug the USB device in to a different port?

If the USB device works fine on other computers and you determine the USB device is not faulty, the issue could be due to any of the following reasons:

• The currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.
    • Your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows.
    • Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues.
    • Your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt.
    • Your external drive may be entering selective suspend.
    • Your PC motherboard may need updated drivers.

You may run the
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems
    troubleshooter and check if it works. If it doesn’t, I suggest you to try the methods listed below and check if it works:

Method 1

Install the latest Windows Updates:

Install all the Windows Updates that are pushed and reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

Method 2

Reinstall USB controllers:

This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

• Select Start, then type device
      manager
      in the Search box, and then select Device
      Manager
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select
      Uninstall. Repeat for each device.
    • Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.

Method 3

Disable USB selective suspend setting:

This method prevents your USB external drive from powering down.

• Select the Start button, type power plan in the Search box, and then select
      Choose a power plan.
    • Next to your currently selected plan, select Change Plan Settings.
    • Select Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the box to expand USB Settings >USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Plugged in, select the drop down menu, and then select
      disabled.
    • If you're using a laptop, select Battery, select the drop down menu, and then select
      disabled.
    • Select Apply > OK.

Method 4

Install your motherboard's latest chipset drivers:

• Visit your computer manufacturer's support website. For a list of computer manufacturers' support sites, see

Computer manufacturers' contact information
    • Navigate their website to find the appropriate drivers for your motherboard. For assistance, contact your computer manufacturer.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Device over current status detected. - Similar Threads - USB Device current

2. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  3. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  4. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  5. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  6. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  7. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  8. Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  9. USB Device Over Current Status Detected error on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    USB Device Over Current Status Detected error on Windows computer: [IMG]If you receive the USB Device Over Current Status Detected error notification message when you power on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions affected users can try to...
  10. USB device over current status detected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB device over current status detected.: When starting to boot up I get this message: "USB device over current status detected. System will shut down after 15 seconds." I have disconnected everything from USB and I still get the same error message and the system still shuts down after 15 seconds. Windows 10 Pro,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb devices over computer will shut down