Windows 10: USB device recognition problems

Discus and support USB device recognition problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I plug in my ps4 controller to my pc via usb 2.0 port. It just glows orange instead of recognizing it as a device. I have tried every single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xanderlotito, Feb 5, 2021.

1. USB device recognition problems

Whenever I plug in my ps4 controller to my pc via usb 2.0 port. It just glows orange instead of recognizing it as a device. I have tried every single port on my computer including usb 3.1 and cannot figure out a solution.

:)

xanderlotito, Feb 5, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

USB device recognition problems [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 5, 2021
  3. USB Devices Inconsistent Recognition in Laptop Upgraded to Windows 10

Hi Robert,

To correct your issue with connecting USB devices, we suggest you to perform the steps below on running a
    System File Checker for this will fix .dll files which are associated with drivers:

• Right-click the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

It is also recommended for you to make sure that the USB devices are removed properly from the system by clicking on safely remove USB device option.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 5, 2021
  4. USB device recognition problems

USB device recognition malfunction - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the USB drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

USB device recognition problems

1. USB device recognition problems - Similar Threads - USB device recognition

2. DEVICE RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE RECOGNITION: I HAVE 2 WESTERN DIGITAL PORTABLE DRIVES THAT HAVE SOMEHOW LOST THEIR ORIGINAL NTFS FILES TO A LOST PARTITION. WINDOWS 10 IS NOT RECOGNIZING THEM BECAUSE THE DRIVES NOW HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO UDF FILE SYSTEM. CAN THIS BE CHANGED BACK TO NTFS FILE SYSTEM?...
  3. DEVICE RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE RECOGNITION: I HAVE 2 WESTERN DIGITAL PORTABLE DRIVES THAT HAVE SOMEHOW LOST THEIR ORIGINAL NTFS FILES TO A LOST PARTITION. WINDOWS 10 IS NOT RECOGNIZING THEM BECAUSE THE DRIVES NOW HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO UDF FILE SYSTEM. CAN THIS BE CHANGED BACK TO NTFS FILE SYSTEM?...
  4. DEVICE RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with a USB device

Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  6. USB recognition problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB recognition problem: Since Windows 10 and after Windows 11 update I have problems with the loading of certain USB port. If I reset my bios all works OK but after new boots of the system the USB ports are not recognised correctly. I send you pictures to illustrate the problem. 1- Device manager...
  7. USB recognition problem

USB recognition problem: Since Windows 10 and after Windows 11 update I have problems with the loading of certain USB port. If I reset my bios all works OK but after new boots of the system the USB ports are not recognised correctly. I send you pictures to illustrate the problem. 1- Device manager...
  8. Recognition of Devices

Recognition of Devices: Windows 10 does not recognise my Yashica FS-500 Film Scanner. What can I do to get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognition-of-devices/c38fff0a-7874-45ab-b1c0-b48a5ee207e9
  9. Problems with device recognition

Problems with device recognition: Hi all, after the brilliant advice I had from here in reference to my 1803 update black screen, my laptop has worked brilliantly ever since. BUT the one thing I hadn’t done was try to connect either my iphone or my WD Passport. My iphone is not recognised in explorer...
  10. USB recognition

USB recognition: My computer (Windows 10) is no longer recognising some of my devices connected through any USB ports. IT recognises some but not others. Is there a fault with the ports or the devices?...