Windows 10: USB device "sticky" on user profile

Discus and support USB device "sticky" on user profile in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue with my Logitech G25 wheel. I'm using this device is very rarely, so I really do not know what I did between now and when last time is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Viktor Tolnai, Apr 21, 2021.

1. USB device "sticky" on user profile

I have an issue with my Logitech G25 wheel. I'm using this device is very rarely, so I really do not know what I did between now and when last time is worked this device.

The issue:

I'm starting the computer from cold boot, and in case I select my daughter user and I log in with that user everything is fine, my wheel is shows as "Logitech G25 racing wheel". BTW this user is not mine, so I do a logout. After that I log in normally with my own account, and the game controllers windows shows my wheel as "Logitech driving force USB".

I've tried to unplug the device and plug back to a different port,

I've tried to remove the wrong device from device manager, but the device manager doesn't show nor the driving force neither the G25 racing wheel.

If I open the control panel -> device and printers window, there is a device "G25 Racing wheel" with a gamepad icon. If I click on game controller settings, the game controller dialog window contains the "Logitech driving force USB"

It is very frustrate for me, last time a full windows reinstall solved the problem, but this time I do not want to do that.

What do I need to do to remove the wrong device from my user profile to able to use my device again?

:)

Viktor Tolnai, Apr 21, 2021

2. Error code 0x803f8001 on sticky notes

Hi,

To isolate if it is an issue within Sticky Notes, we suggest you to reset it. To do this, open
    Settings and go to System > Apps & Features. Then find
    Sticky Notes in the list, go to Advanced Options, and click
    Reset. Make sure to back up Sticky Notes before resetting it. To reset sticky notes, follow the steps provided by

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene
    through this
    link

If the issue still persists, we suggest you to create
    another user profile

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2021
  4. v444 Win User

USB device "sticky" on user profile

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

USB device "sticky" on user profile

1. USB device "sticky" on user profile - Similar Threads - USB device sticky

2. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profiles: Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back...
  3. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profiles: Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back...
  4. User profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profiles: I bought a new computer and when I set it up I ended up with a new user ID. How can I go back to the one from my old computer and delete the new one without losing any files, data, or information?...
  5. User profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profiles: I bought a new computer and when I set it up I ended up with a new user ID. How can I go back to the one from my old computer and delete the new one without losing any files, data, or information?...
  6. user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user profile: sometimes when i turn on my laptop windows10 i get user profile service service failed to log in. if i power down and power back up it will start up some times normal and some times in safe mode....
  7. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profiles: Hi, I just purchased Flight Sim. Unfortunately I am unable to download on to my PC. I am logged in under an old Outlook email on my PC, but I purchased Flight Sim on a new Profile and email in Outlook. As a result I can't install the game. How do I get the game from ready...
  8. User profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profiles: I know that user profiles can get corrupted so if i cloned my drive before anything got corrupted would that make it so that in the future if anything was to get corrupted i could just go back to the old drive and my profile be fine?...
  9. user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile: I had a new hard drive in my computer. When the technician reloaded MS, Windows 10, etc., he kept all the right account information, including my profile picture, but despite the account being in my name, he put my husband's name under my picture on that opening screen. I...
  10. User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile: How do you fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10? Windows Fax and Scan would not fax following an update. I got an error message: “The RPC server is unavailable in Windows 10” On the Services window, I found the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure...