Windows 10: USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10

Discus and support USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple days ago, I began having a very weird issue. After a couple minutes, most of my keyboard stops working, except for a select few keys that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FreddieLeatherbury, Feb 16, 2020.

1. USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10

A couple days ago, I began having a very weird issue. After a couple minutes, most of my keyboard stops working, except for a select few keys that perform vastly different tasks than they should. For example:

A= "select all"

Number pad 2-9= opens up Microsoft Office options

Worth noting, the caps lock and num lock perform normally. When num lock is off, the 2-9 keys do nothing. Also, either the U or I key sound like they're trying to do something when I press it but the option is not available they make that bling sound.

In addition, my scroll wheel on the mouse turns into a zoom wheel.

Other weird behavior: every time I click on any link on Chrome only browser I've tested it opens the link in a new tab. If I have a program open but minimized to the start menu, when I click on it, a new window for that program opens up, instead of just opening up the window in progress. It also asks to run Chrome as an administrator automatically, which I have never done.

Some things I've tried:

Keyboard troubleshooter no problems found

Update drivers all drivers up to date

Uninstall the keyboard then restart the computer to automatically set drivers all was fine for a couple minutes after boot, but then problem came back

The A button and the scroll wheel on the mouse indicate the Ctrl button could be locked, but that doesn't explain the number pad button issue. Also, then presumably the C button would copy, V would paste, Alt+Delete would open task manager, etc. but none of that happens.

I'm borrowing a keyboard in a few to test if the issue is on the computer or keyboard side. However, the fact that both these devices had been working perfectly for almost a decade and with this computer for about 8 months then suddenly stopped functioning properly indicates a computer issue, not a device issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

:)

FreddieLeatherbury, Feb 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 16, 2020
  3. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 16, 2020
  4. USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

I have a similar problem except that the page (can be in Windows Explorer, any Office 365 application, Firefox, etc.) scrolls to the top & scrollbar can't be dragged anywhere with the mouse. Often triggered by trying to delete something using the delete key. Generally, deleting individual items (characters or messages for example) using the right mouse click menu still works. I'm using Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse but have tried using wired versions and got same result. Any suggestions welcome.

Russell Cairns, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10

1. USB devices acting strange keyboard and mouse Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB devices acting

2. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  3. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard acting strange: Recently my keyboard has been acting strange. When I press the W key, both 2 and W type at the same time. Same with the E key, except it types a 3, and so on. Then, when I try to type a number, for example 2, the keyboard types out a 2 and then a W. This is not an issue with...
  6. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!: I'm gonna give the whole story so you can understand better.So what happened was I that I spilled some ice tea on my brand new Logitech g512 keyboard so I take some of the keycaps off so I can wipe off the tea but in that process I click a bunch of keys accidentally. I then...
  7. keyboard acting strange

keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  8. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  9. keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes

keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes: Hi, I recently built my new windows pc. everything was going great for about 3 weeks until I had this problem. after a few minutes my keyboard first, and then slowly my mouse act strange. I resetted my pc and I am still having this issue. can somebody help me? thanks....
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 keyboard and mouse acting strange

2. usb a keyboard acting strange

3. usb keyboard acting weird

4. usb acting strange