Windows 10: USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

Discus and support USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new USB headset and microphone for Skype and such. Plugged it in and got no sound, but the in-line mute and volume worked to control the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffKnox1911, Jul 20, 2019.

1. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

I got a new USB headset and microphone for Skype and such.

Plugged it in and got no sound, but the in-line mute and volume worked to control the built-in speakers in my computer.

Looked in Device Manager and saw that the headset was listed under "Other Devices" with an exclamation sign.

Digging deeper, it said the drivers weren't loaded. Updating driver failed.

Uninstalled, rebooted, uninstalled, re-scanned, etc. No change.

Uninstalled audio components in Device Manager, thinking there might be a conflict.

Re-scanned, and my Realtek and internal audio speakers are now listed as "Other Devices" with driver errors and don't function.

Now anything I plug into either of my two USB 3.0 ports is detected as "Other Devices" with driver errors.

Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15IKB

Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, Build 16299.1127

Intel Core i5-8250U

4 Gigs RAM with Intel Optane active.

All updates from Windows, Lenovo, and Intel up to date, including BIOS update installed after this problem started.

Any ideas?

:)

JeffKnox1911, Jul 20, 2019

2. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 20, 2019
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

USB composite device "driver error" is appearing in device manager. Update Driver Software does not correct problem. Any suggestions?

PAULAZILLER, Jul 20, 2019
  4. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

1. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors. - Similar Threads - USB devices being

2. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  3. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  4. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Drivers - Other Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers - Other Devices: Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no...
  6. Device Drivers - Other Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Drivers - Other Devices: Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no...
  7. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  8. Human Interface Device . USB Input device Driver Error.

Human Interface Device . USB Input device Driver Error.: Hello i have a problem with me mouse. I was in a online school hour and when i wanted to move a folder me mouse has been stoped. I thinked the mouse was brooken then i bought new one. After i got it i tried to get it in port. Hmmmmm. Still no function. After many hours...
  9. Devices Labeled "unknown"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices Labeled "unknown": Hello, When I was checking my family member's network today, I noticed that there are many devices that are labeled "unknown" followed by a mixture of letters and numbers. I am not sure whether or not I should be concerned about this. Is this typical? Should I be asking...
  10. Gaming mouse being recognized as an "unknown device"/"USB input device" with no drivers...

Gaming mouse being recognized as an "unknown device"/"USB input device" with no drivers...: I have an intex gaming mouse GM-DRIVE and it just wont work on my windows 10 laptop. It is a plug and play mouse, and should not have so many problems regarding drivers. I looked on the intex site as well but there are no drivers for this mouse. But this mouse works in my...