Windows 10: USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

Discus and support USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by novaforce, Jun 23, 2017.

1. novaforce Win User

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

Hello everyone!

Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and reconnecting. And before anyone asks yes, I've searched whole internet upside down for answers and tried every possible fix that I could find but nothing worked (and yes, that includes the whole power saving and hardware troubleshooting thing).

The problem started out as my USB network adapter from Realtek infrequently and randomly disconnecting and then reconnecting few seconds later. Some time later it would disconnect all USB devices along with it. I'm not really an expert in network adapter field but I thought it could be because of the adapter (considering it was already quite old) so I went and bought new adapter.

However, even with new adapter the problem remains the same but now it's not randomly disconnecting but rather when downloading big files (for example video games) or even when listening to music on Deezer and I press skip one too many times. For example, yesterday I was updating games on steam and it was downloading and then it just stopped, followed by disconnecting sound and network adapter, mouse and keyboard not working but reconnecting few seconds later (I should also mention when the hiccup happens Chrome seems to stop responding until my computer is connected to the internet again). I tested current adapter on another computer (that is in the same room as router) and it worked without any problems so at least I know it's not because of adapter. After I got new adapter I also did clean install but the problem is very much the same.

Does anyone know a way to fix this problem? It's getting really annoying that I can't download anything without my internet along with all other devices disconnecting (especially 'cause my schoolwork is really computer and internet based).

EDIT: I've also experienced more than once that after my network adapter disconnects and disconnects mouse and keyboard with it, it takes longer for them to reconnect and when they reconnect they don't stay reconnect much longer before disconnecting again, rendering every USB connected device useless.
    EDIT 2: I also seem to have started experiencing this problem when I switched motherboard few months ago due to old one being fried by PSU (I replaced both PSU and motherboard) so could it be motherboard's fault?
    FINAL EDIT: Finally went and looked over whole motherboard and it looks like I've got faulty motherboard. Thanks everyone who tried to help with problem!

:)

novaforce, Jun 23, 2017

2. USB devices are disconnecting and reconnecting often! Creators Update

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to us. We suggest that you run the Hardware troubleshooter. Windows comes with this built-in troubleshooter. If you recently installed a new driver or plugged-in a hardware and face some things that are not working as you’d
    like them to, use this troubleshooter. Please follow the steps below:

• On Cortana or search, type in Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the upper right corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Looking forward to the result.

Marvin Barc, Jun 23, 2017
  3. USB devices are disconnecting and reconnecting often! Creators Update

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my USB devices, because they are reconnecting very often. I am fed up with this, please help me!

MySummerCar, Jun 23, 2017
  4. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

Almost sound like an IRQ conflict.

NerdSquadMember, Jun 24, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    You seem to have a number of issues going on with your PC that you might take a look at that motherboard.

Anyway it would help if NerdSquardMember expanded on their suggestion. That said, it may not be an IRQ conflict. However, you can easily check your network adapter by simply going to Device Manager and right clicking the adapter, then clicking Properties, then click Resources...

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting [​IMG]

If there is a conflict, it will be shown

You might also go to the Power Management tab there and un-tick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Let us know if this helps.

sygnus21, Jun 24, 2017
  6. novaforce Win User
    I turned off Power Management but no luck. As for the Resources tab in Device Manager, it's not showing up for my network adapter. I tried reinstalling it and updating it but it's not showing up.

novaforce, Jun 24, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Click on the Realtec PCIe GBF one.

As for solving your issue, as I said, you might look at the motherboard. BTW have you visited the motherboard's site to for the latest drivers? Same with the network card?

Additionally, if using a standalone card, have you disabled the one on the motherboard through the BIOS?

sygnus21, Jun 24, 2017
  8. novaforce Win User

I downloaded latest drivers for both motherboard and network card but to no avail. I also disabled the card on motherboard like you said but also no effect.

I looked at the motherboard but I don't really see a problem anywhere but I will also check with the guy I got the motherboard from.

novaforce, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting - Similar Threads - USB devices disconnecting

2. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  3. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  5. [SOLVED!] USB devices disconnects and reconnects.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SOLVED!] USB devices disconnects and reconnects.: I have had problems with USB devices repeatably disconnecting and connecting.I have turned off power saving, updated drivers, disabled the Legacy mode in the BIOS and more of the commonly suggested stuff, but sadly to no avail.But then I started removing the USB 3 root hubs...
  6. Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I recently updated my windows 10 machine with a Feature Update version 20H2. Since Installing this update, there is now an "Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode" that shows in my Device Manager under the USB Controllers. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and the...
  7. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  8. All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect

All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect: Good day everyone. I have been recently having this problem where all my USB devices disconnect and reconnect right after. It seemingly has only started happening once I was using my webcam/Zoom software for at-home work during this quarantine time, so I would wonder if that...
  9. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting daily

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting daily: Hello, once every 1 or 2 days I hear the Windows disconnection sound followed by the reconnection noise about 2 seconds later. Certain devices, such as my mouse, freeze during this period. I have tried different ports (both USB 2 and 3) to no success. I notice it is always...
  10. USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting: Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will...