Windows 10: USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

Discus and support USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adm Killjoy, Dec 13, 2018.

1. USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10.
    Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly.

System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']
    System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\USB#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#6&1434fc8a&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}']
    System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\USB#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#6&1434fc8a&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}']
    System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

Some of my USB ports are also simply not working.

I've tried a few things now.

+ Update all usb drivers.

+ Uninstall and reinstall all usb drivers.

+ Disabled Windows Power Management "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB controllers.
    + Disabled Windows Game Mode

+ Disabled USB selective suspend settings under Power Options > Advanced Settings.

I have the X370 Gaming Carbon Pro motherboard and am using the USB ports on that motherboard.

What can I do to further debug this issue?

:)

Adm Killjoy, Dec 13, 2018

2. USB device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged

Hi Ai-Ling,

Appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. I suggest you run Hardware Troubleshooter and check as it is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix
    them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    I also suggest you to Disable & Enable all USB controllers and check if it helps.

• Click Windows key + R, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and press Enter.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

• Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers mode, and then click Disable one at a time.

• Restart the computer, and then enable the USB controllers.
    Update USB Controllers: To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go Select Device manager.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select
      Update.
    How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Widjaja Win User
    Lightning Storm makes my computer to produce sound of a removable device plug-off

The Aliens are coming.
    First step to World domination, unplug USB devices.

Widjaja, Dec 13, 2018
  4. DaDaniel2 Win User

USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

Device is not recognized by WMDC 6.1 after return to cradle after safe removal.

Maybe I'm just missing a step but when I remove my device (Sprint Mogul/HTC PPC-6800) from the cradle *after* having done the procedure for the safe removal ("Safely Remove Hardware") it will re-recognize the device when reattached, but WMDC does not.

I have to power down the device, and start it back up in order for this device to be recognized by WMDC, which seems unnecesary to me.

Many thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Daniel

DaDaniel2, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

1. USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached - Similar Threads - USB Devices Removed

2. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when removing USB device: Greetings.I'm having an issue with getting a BSOD when pulling out a usb drive from my cpu. It happens with 100% repeatability. So far my troubleshooting has been to do sfc/scannow, dism, windows updates, updating drivers and looking at my minidump files generated after a...
  3. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when removing USB device: Greetings.I'm having an issue with getting a BSOD when pulling out a usb drive from my cpu. It happens with 100% repeatability. So far my troubleshooting has been to do sfc/scannow, dism, windows updates, updating drivers and looking at my minidump files generated after a...
  4. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Safe Removal of USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Removal of USB devices not working: A while ago I paused updates on my computer. I found that many of them were more troublesome than their worth, not helpful, or just annoying. For instance, do we all remember when they got rid of the ability to change the screen brightness without having to go into settings?...
  6. Can't get the usb device working

Can't get the usb device working: My USB port isn't working, although there was no physical damage. My laptop has to be rotated to a certain degree to get the USB device working Tried many methods, but none of them worked Performed a system recovery, nothing happened Can someone fix this strange problem?...
  7. When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached: Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly. System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']...
  8. remove this Getting device feature

remove this Getting device feature: Getting the hdd from this MB attached to another MB is getting the device. Then get this hdd attached to the old MB getting the device. Is there a way to remove this Getting device feature when switching from MB to another MB. Thanks 120179
  9. USB device keeps on being removed

USB device keeps on being removed: Hi guy! I just assembled a computer a couple of weeks ago and after a few days, I was receiving a notification that a USB device keeps on being removed. The thing is, the only USB devices that are attached to the mobo are my keyboard and mouse. I tried removing and insert...
  10. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542