Windows 10: USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

Discus and support USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonnies, May 10, 2020.

1. jonnies Win User

USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep.
    I assume these devices must be sending something periodically, keeping the PC awake. Is there a way to tell the system to ignore certain devices or ports when looking for activity for the purpose of power management?

System has a fresh, clean install of the latest Windows 10 download.
    js

:)

jonnies, May 10, 2020
  2. imacken Win User

Windows 10 won't turn off display or sleep because of USB device

My Windows 10 install will not turn off display or sleep because of 2 USB devices.

I have around 10 USB devices, and I have worked out that it is my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick and throttle that are preventing the system to turn off display and sleep.

If I turn those off then everything is OK.

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

imacken, May 10, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 10, 2020
  4. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2020
Thema:

USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

1. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking - Similar Threads - USB devices inhibiting

2. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking: When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep. I assume these devices must be sending...
  3. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  4. blank display hp650

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank display hp650: My laptop shows blank screen on boot up while power button and f12 button keeps on blinking. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-display-hp650/49bfefc0-6ec7-4548-a26a-77a138602d56
  5. Win10 inhibiting Nivida Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 inhibiting Nivida Drivers: Yesterday I did a manual load of the May 5th (WIn10 Major Update) followed by all the subsequent updates for Win10. I'm having two different issues. One, Win10 is inhibiting me from loading the full set of Nvidia Drivers for 436.48. I do a clean uninstall with Display Driver...
  6. Desjtop display is blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desjtop display is blank: My desktop is blank. The location is on my data drive. But it does not display as a main window on my monitor.Destop display is blank. If I load it as a folder with document icon - everything is in the foldee....
  7. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  8. Display won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Display won't Sleep: I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7 minutes Turn off display - 20 minutes Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on? 112464
  9. Calculator launches with blank blue display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator launches with blank blue display?: I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the Run dialog), it displays the app window -- but it's all blue with a white calculator icon in the center. Basically it's what...
  10. Display Blank : Analog Input?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Blank : Analog Input?????: My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode. I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the...