Windows 10: USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

Discus and support USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonnies, May 10, 2020.

1. jonnies Win User

USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep.
    I assume these devices must be sending something periodically, keeping the PC awake. Is there a way to tell the system to ignore certain devices or ports when looking for activity for the purpose of power management?

System has a fresh, clean install of the latest Windows 10 download.
    js

:)

jonnies, May 10, 2020
  2. imacken Win User

Windows 10 won't turn off display or sleep because of USB device

My Windows 10 install will not turn off display or sleep because of 2 USB devices.

I have around 10 USB devices, and I have worked out that it is my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick and throttle that are preventing the system to turn off display and sleep.

If I turn those off then everything is OK.

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

imacken, May 10, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 10, 2020
  4. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2020
Thema:

USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

1. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking - Similar Threads - USB devices inhibiting

2. Ads Inhibit play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads Inhibit play.: I, also, am having a problem with "Solitaire and other casual games". In my case it's because of the ads that come up. I click on a game to play and, as usual, an ad appears. However, the ad is blurry and only appears for a few seconds. It then quits and sends me back to the...
  3. Ads Inhibit play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads Inhibit play.: I, also, am having a problem with "Solitaire and other casual games". In my case it's because of the ads that come up. I click on a game to play and, as usual, an ad appears. However, the ad is blurry and only appears for a few seconds. It then quits and sends me back to the...
  4. Display / Device does not sleep according to settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display / Device does not sleep according to settings: I have Windows 11 Pro installed on a newly built desktop. Display is set to sleep at 5 minutes and device is set to sleep at 10 minutes. Only one user account exists on the device. When that user is logged in, the display nor the device sleeps at the designated times. If the...
  5. Display / Device does not sleep according to settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display / Device does not sleep according to settings: I have Windows 11 Pro installed on a newly built desktop. Display is set to sleep at 5 minutes and device is set to sleep at 10 minutes. Only one user account exists on the device. When that user is logged in, the display nor the device sleeps at the designated times. If the...
  6. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    USB TV tuner inhibits sleep: Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine. However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in...
  7. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    USB TV tuner inhibits sleep: Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine. However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in...
  8. Blank Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Display: I have windows 10 laptop which i bought 2 days ago. Last night when i was going to **** my laptop off i got the option update and shut down. I did that and after a while my laptop shut down and i went to sleep. The next morning when i turned my device on and tried to work, i...
  9. Display / Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display / Blank screen: My Screen display is blank. I can tell its back lit and i can ocassionally see my cursor and the swirling blue circle of processing, but i cant see anything else on screen....
  10. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking: When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep. I assume these devices must be sending...