Windows 10: USB Devices keep disconnecting

Discus and support USB Devices keep disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rava, Mar 16, 2018.

1. rava Win User

USB Devices keep disconnecting

Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows.
    I tried a lot of fixes but it didnt work. ( tried windows 7/8.1/10 , update drivers , disable power management shuting down my usb ports from Power Settings )
    I tried to update the latest chipset from motherboard official site ( MSI ). I have a really old mobo msi g31tm-p21.

Back then , i had a problem in Device Manager. 3-4 Universal Host Controlers were showed with an exclamation mark ( Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43) ). They disapeared after i installed the chipset but the problem still persist even tho there are no more exclamation marks. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Any ideas how to solve this ?

:)

2. MuniOnp Win User

I get the noise that something disconnected (like with usb devices),

sometimes, I get the noise that something disconnected (like with usb devices), and after a while (after 2 disconnect sounds) it stops, but happens again when I restart my computer

all I wish to know is, is there a tool I can use that tracks whatever disconnects in the way of usb devices that I can't seem to see visually

Original title: something keeps disconnecting

MuniOnp, Mar 16, 2018
  3. USB devices are disconnecting and reconnecting often! Creators Update

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to us. We suggest that you run the Hardware troubleshooter. Windows comes with this built-in troubleshooter. If you recently installed a new driver or plugged-in a hardware and face some things that are not working as you’d
    like them to, use this troubleshooter. Please follow the steps below:

• On Cortana or search, type in Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the upper right corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Looking forward to the result.

Marvin Barc, Mar 16, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Over on answers.microsoft.com, a Windows Insider MVP recommends trying a repair install to see if this fixes your issue. It seems like a recent Windows 10 update has borked USB capabilities on many PCs (perhaps including yours). If this works, you can apply updates one at a time until your USB problem recurs. Then you can uninstall that problem update and block it from being reapplied. Hopefully, when the 1803 upgrade emerges in the next month or so, it won't have that problem and you can sidestep the issue by upgrading.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Related links:
    1. MS answers post "usb ports not working after updating the windows 10"
    2. TenForums tutorial: "Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade"
    3. TenForums tutorial: "Hide or show Windows Updates in Windows 10"

EdTittel, Mar 16, 2018
  5. rava Win User
    Tried , didnt worked , USB's keep disconnecting with/without the updates.
    After restarting the PC exclamation marks reapeared.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

6. kipper Win User
    Just a thought......have you re-installed the USB drivers from MSI for your board.......

kipper, Mar 17, 2018
  7. rava Win User
    If you are talking about the chipset , yes i downloaded it from MSI website.

8. kipper Win User

Most if not all manufactuers will also offer USB drivers based on your OS.......see the example for my board manufactuer.....

USB Devices keep disconnecting [​IMG]

kipper, Mar 17, 2018
  9. rava Win User
    this motherboard is old , so i don't have that feature. (MSI g31tm-p21).
    I tried to find the drivers even with a program Driver Booster but no results.

10. EdTittel Win User
    You could try using the Wayback Machine, then visiting the MSI website at around the time your motherboard was released, or a year or two after that. Chances are pretty good you'd be able to get drivers that way. Here's a great tutorial on that very topic: "How to Use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine."
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Devices keep disconnecting - Similar Threads - USB Devices keep

2. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  3. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  6. USB device keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  7. USB device keeps disconnecting

USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  8. USB device keeps disconnecting

9. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  10. USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically

USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically: USB devices disappear after working OK. USB flash drives and hard drives work OK but then disappear. It would be wonderful if this did not happen. (Perhaps a powered USB hub is needed ?) ***Original title: USB devices disappear***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows a usb device is disconnecting but I dont know which one