Windows 10: USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically

Discus and support USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB devices disappear after working OK. USB flash drives and hard drives work OK but then disappear. It would be wonderful if this did not happen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TedGrondski, Oct 3, 2019.

1. USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically

USB devices disappear after working OK.

USB flash drives and hard drives work OK but then disappear.

It would be wonderful if this did not happen.

(Perhaps a powered USB hub is needed ?)

***Original title: USB devices disappear***

:)

TedGrondski, Oct 3, 2019

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 3, 2019
  3. kipper Win User
    USB Devices keep disconnecting

Most if not all manufactuers will also offer USB drivers based on your OS.......see the example for my board manufactuer.....

USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically [​IMG]

kipper, Oct 3, 2019
  4. USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically

Windows 10 "USB Device Not recognized" error keeps popping up and USB devices do not work

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you do the following steps:

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      Control Panel
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install USB drivers

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists, download the latest USB drivers for your Surface Pro 2.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically

1. USB devices keeps disconnecting automatically - Similar Threads - USB devices keeps

2. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  3. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  6. USB device keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  7. USB device keeps disconnecting

USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  8. USB device keeps disconnecting

9. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  10. USB Devices keep disconnecting

USB Devices keep disconnecting: Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows. I tried a lot of fixes but it didnt work. ( tried windows 7/8.1/10 , update drivers , disable power management shuting down...