Windows 10: USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

Discus and support USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sspj9, Jul 22, 2020.

1. sspj9 Win User

USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr [​IMG]

My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would like to see the devices listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Such that a software I use would recognize the COM port under the which the USB device is connected to, such as STM32 STLink. How can I do this please?

:)

sspj9, Jul 22, 2020
  2. sspj9 Win User

USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr [​IMG]

My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would like to see the devices listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Such that a software I use would recognize the COM port under the which the USB device is connected to, such as STM32 STLink. How can I do this please?

sspj9, Aug 4, 2020
  3. RickC Win User

You can't. They are completely different communication buses. It's like saying "I want my monitor(s) to show up under Network adapters.". That's not how device enumeration works.

Even if you use USB-to-Serial (or Parallel or COM) adapters, they are still enumerated by the USB sub-system first before any 'virtual device' trickery does its data re-directs.

RickC, Aug 4, 2020
  4. USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10

Hi

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not appearing in my Device Manager in Windows 10. I followed these steps:

1. Connect the USB.
    2. Open Device Manager.
    3. Click on Action.
    4. Select Add legacy hardware.
    5. Click on Next.
    6. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced),
      then click Next.
    7. Scroll down, then select Ports (COM & LPT), and then click
      Next.
    8. Select Manufacturer as your need, (in this case, select the standard type or default option), and then click
      Next.
    9. Click Finish.

The problem is what manufacturer AND MODEL should I select? I tried some models but I get an error.

Thank you.

Abdulrahman13, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr - Similar Threads - USB devices listed

2. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  3. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  4. Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My computer does not display Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager!: Please, attempt to answer this question only if you know the answer, and you've made the assumption that I've exhausted all known attempts at a solution. That means that I've already went to:Action > Add Legacy Hardware > [started the Wizard] > Install the hardware that I...
  5. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-usb-serial-port-ports-com-lpt-in/d5bdad38-b8e3-4f32-808e-12e9fd8ffd60
  6. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-usb-serial-port-ports-com-lpt-in/d5bdad38-b8e3-4f32-808e-12e9fd8ffd60
  7. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device...
  8. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device...
  9. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: I am trying to connect serial port device from Java app, but failed. I was not sure port is closed properly so I removed the port. It was named UartSub Device COM1 at that point. After I updated devices in Device Manager, I see it installed but named: UartSub Device COM5. I...
  10. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: Hello. I am using Windows 10, Version 20H2. Previously had Version 1809 installed.We have proprietary software for a device we manufacture that requires the manual assignment of Com Ports from time to time in our laptops. In the 1809 version of Win10 we had the Port...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win11 port(com & lpt)