Windows 10: usb devices not showing in windows 10

Discus and support usb devices not showing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; usb devices not showing in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vg1vg2, Feb 6, 2019.

1. vg1vg2 Win User

usb devices not showing in windows 10

:)

vg1vg2, Feb 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 6, 2019
  3. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

Im presuming its hidden where show non present devices registry entry is needed. Ive had weirdness with usb myself in Win 7.

eidairaman1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. usb devices not showing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - usb devices showing

2. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  3. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  4. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  6. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  7. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer not showing USB Devices.

Computer not showing USB Devices.: When I used plugged a USB Device, like my phone, into my computer, it would show a notification saying that a device was found. It would also show a file in the files for my phone and would let me look through my photos, music, and other things. But recently, it won't show...
  9. USB Devices Not Showing

USB Devices Not Showing: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...
  10. Windows 10 showing USB storage device that does not exist

Windows 10 showing USB storage device that does not exist: Hello. A week ago i made a new install of windows 10 using a usb pen with windows installation media. Since that installation i have an icon saying that i can safely remove hardware and eject media. Problem is that there is no physical drive connected. If i click this...