Windows 10: USB Devices Not Visible

Discus and support USB Devices Not Visible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rau1, Dec 31, 2021.

1. rau1 Win User

USB Devices Not Visible

I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10. In late 2021, USB devices plugged into the USB ports on the docking station ceased to be visible on the laptop. [The same devices plugged into the laptop directly work fine.] The problem remained after upgrading to Windows 11. Dell support suggests a complete re-installation of Windows to correct the problem - which seems extreme. Any other ideas assuming hardware is not the problem?Thanks

:)

2. Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Hey, do the following
    · Press Win Key + R to open run then type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
    · In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers. It will display a list of all USB devices. Plug and remove the device so as to find the USB device which is not working. Once you found device, right click and go to properties.
    · In properties, go to details tab then in property option select device instance path. Now copy the value in notepad. It will be required in the next step.
    · Now Press Win+R and type regedit in Run box
    · Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters
    (Device instance path is what you copied in notepad)
    · In the device parameter check if EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled showing value 1. Double click on it and change the value to 0. Now Reboot.

Emily Forbes, Dec 31, 2021
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 31, 2021
  4. USB Devices Not Visible

USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

USB Devices Not Visible

1. USB Devices Not Visible - Similar Threads - USB Devices Visible

2. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  3. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  4. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Devices Not Visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Devices Not Visible: I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10. In late 2021, USB devices plugged into the USB ports on the docking station ceased to be visible on the laptop. [The...
  6. USB Devices Not Visible

USB Devices Not Visible: I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10. In late 2021, USB devices plugged into the USB ports on the docking station ceased to be visible on the laptop. [The...
  7. Network devices not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network devices not visible: I've searched the internet over and taken heed of all advice given, implemented most of the most common fixes and I can't find a solution. I have 2 desktops, a laptop all Win 10 with latest updates AFAIK, a Buffalo NAS box and an HP laser printer on my home network. The...
  8. Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!

Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!: As this has been my 2nd post ...My PC doesn't show any Bluetooth in "Add Device " option.............I tried every method i.e reinstalling the drivers,stopping and rerunning the service of Bluetooth........But at last here i am writing my complain its been 8 months...
  9. USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.

USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.: A USB device (Garmin Oregon 750t) does not show when plugged in to the laptop. I have had it connected many times to this laptop without trouble. The device works fine when connected to other PCs. The USB ports work fine for other USB devices (external hard drive). Please...
  10. Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager: Hi, I got a problem with USB cable. When I plug it in there is no action from system side. It should at least give me a message like"Unknown Device" but there is NO such message. I don't see it also in device manager... I've checked same cable on different laptop (Windows...