Windows 10: USB devices stop working randomly

Discus and support USB devices stop working randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently ran into a problem where my USB mouse and keyboard stop working randomly. When I first start using my computer, they stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aku13778, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Aku13778 Win User

USB devices stop working randomly

Hello,

I have recently ran into a problem where my USB mouse and keyboard stop working randomly.

When I first start using my computer, they stop randomly for about a second, but then resume working. After around 5 minutes, they stop working permanently, and in order to get them to work again I am forced to restart my computer.

When the devices stop working, they are still connected to the computer, but simply don't work. If I plug them into the USB ports in the front of the computer, the same thing happens after a few minutes, at which point none of the USB ports work. I have tried using the devices on another computer, and they work perfectly fine.

All I have found on the internet was to uninstall the USB drivers and restart the computer, but unfortunately that hasn't helped. I have also turned off the selective suspend setting, but nothing changed.

I would be very grateful if someone were to help me resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Aku13778, Feb 9, 2020
  2. McSweg Win User

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

USB devices stop working randomly [​IMG]

Also, I did the chkdsk C: /F /R but it didn't do anything.

It got stuck at 21% every single time and when ever I restart my PC it constantly starts scanning. Not sure how to stop it.

McSweg, Feb 9, 2020
  3. rerunner Win User
    audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Feb 9, 2020
  4. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. USB devices stop working randomly - Similar Threads - USB devices stop

2. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  3. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  4. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB ports randomly stop working

USB ports randomly stop working: I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning. Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any...
  6. USB stops working randomly

USB stops working randomly: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  7. Usbs randomly stop working.

Usbs randomly stop working.: Randomly my computers USB slots will stop working. I have gone into Bios mode and checked all the USB settings available and can't seem to foind a fix. Only way around it is to keep restarting my computer....
  8. USB devices randomly stop working and will not reconnect to the same USB port

USB devices randomly stop working and will not reconnect to the same USB port: I have a DATAQ DI-1110 voltage sensor integrated into the control system of my smarthouse. The control system is a Windows application I wrote using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008. The control system runs 24/7 on a Dell 8910 Desktop with Windows 10. My problem is that the...
  9. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737
  10. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737