Windows 10: USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Following Windows 10 update USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. Unable to login to startup screen. Tried from recovery screen, but still unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterScottP5, Dec 9, 2018.

1. USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi

Following Windows 10 update USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. Unable to login to startup screen. Tried from recovery screen, but still unable to enter keystrokes or mouse.

Desktop totally inaccessable.

I notice that this is happening more and more with this update.

HELP!

:)

PeterScottP5, Dec 9, 2018

2. February Windows 10 Update Causing Loss of USB and Blue Screens!

As posted over at Computer World, the February Windows 10 patch for the fall creators update to version 1709 is causing serious crashes and loss of USB.

When most everyone is using USB ports for their mouse and keyboard, this will render them inoperable.

Best case is to uninstall the Feb update:

stinger608, Dec 9, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 9, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

NdMk2o1o, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

1. USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - USB devices stopped

2. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stopped Working after Windows Update: I installed a Windows 10 Update, and now my USB ports don't work once I start booting into Windows.It's not a hardware issue. If I go into BIOS they work fine.I've tried every USB port on the system. They're all dead once Windows starts to boot.I've tried unplugging them and...
  3. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Stopped Working after Windows Update: I installed a Windows 10 Update, and now my USB ports don't work once I start booting into Windows.It's not a hardware issue. If I go into BIOS they work fine.I've tried every USB port on the system. They're all dead once Windows starts to boot.I've tried unplugging them and...
  4. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads: Having a most peculiar issue with a Windows 11 Desktop. This has occurred 3 times in the last few months, and each time a Windows Reset fixes the problem at the expense of having to reinstall most of my software. The issue is occurring on Windows boot- after Windows starts,...
  6. All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB Devices Stop Working After Windows Loads: Having a most peculiar issue with a Windows 11 Desktop. This has occurred 3 times in the last few months, and each time a Windows Reset fixes the problem at the expense of having to reinstall most of my software. The issue is occurring on Windows boot- after Windows starts,...
  7. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  8. USB Ports stopped working after windows update

USB Ports stopped working after windows update: Hi, I updated my computer yesterday and noticed that all my devices Mouse, Keyboard... have stopped working. Im guessing the update messed up my usb drivers somehow... I opened the device manager and checked and I noticed a yellow warnign sign on one of them:It says: This...
  9. USB to serial JTAG device stopped working after Windows 10 April update 2004

USB to serial JTAG device stopped working after Windows 10 April update 2004: Hi ! The device is Olimex OpenOCD JTAG ARM-USB-TINY-H. Windows first applied the 2004 update in May and I encountered this problem. I decided to rollback to the previous Windows installation and it worked. Now Windows pushed 2004 update again and this bug is still not...
  10. Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.: I have a USB scanner, printer, and a tablet and they no longer work after an update. This is on Windows 10 2004. Reinstalled drivers, updated firmware, etc... and still does not work. This is an Epson WorkForce WF-2650 with latest drivers and firmware installed. I also...