Windows 10: USB devices turn off at startup

Discus and support USB devices turn off at startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chinthor, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Chinthor Win User

USB devices turn off at startup

This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of Google.It seems they managed to stop breaking drivers, but never found a way to fix the problem in place. I think a program I installed is responsible this time, but same result. There's no such thing as a "restore basic USB drivers" repair tool. So I'm stuck doing a full reinstall. Is this even possible to build without action from Microsoft? Either way, it needs to be built, seeing as windows driver infrastructure is still so fragile.

:)

Chinthor, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 30, 2021
  3. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jun 30, 2021
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. USB devices turn off at startup - Similar Threads - USB devices turn

2. USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.: Hello,Just today I have started having this issue. My USB devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect. They reconnect very quickly. I have a desktop, I will attach my specs.Any help would be much appreciated!...
  3. USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices randomly turning off and on suddenly.: Hello,Just today I have started having this issue. My USB devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect. They reconnect very quickly. I have a desktop, I will attach my specs.Any help would be much appreciated!...
  4. USB devices are overloading and turn off and on randomly and suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices are overloading and turn off and on randomly and suddenly.: Hello everyone, Today I am writing about an issue with my USB devices I have been struggling with for a little while now. My USB devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect when I am using all of them at the same time. I am a streamer and I noticed when I stream and all of...
  5. USB devices are overloading and turn off and on randomly and suddenly.

USB devices are overloading and turn off and on randomly and suddenly.: Hello everyone, Today I am writing about an issue with my USB devices I have been struggling with for a little while now. My USB devices will randomly disconnect and reconnect when I am using all of them at the same time. I am a streamer and I noticed when I stream and all of...
  6. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...: A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera, 64Gb of Ram, 2Tb Samsung NVME SSD, all ran off of a Seasonic PRIME 1300W Gold . I have built computers my whole life so this is...
  7. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...: A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera, 64Gb of Ram, 2Tb Samsung NVME SSD, all ran off of a Seasonic PRIME 1300W Gold . I have built computers my whole life so this is...
  8. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...: When I turn off the computer, the power in the USB ports also turns off. I tried ticking off the boxes "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" of all my USB hubs via Device Manager, but this doesn't make any difference. It used to work until the last system...
  10. USB ports will not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports will not turn off: I had this happen before on another build, but was able to fix the problem. This time, on a new build, I cannot get the usb ports to shut down when shutting off the PC. I have tried every suggestion I could find including disable fast startup, disabling selective USB...