Windows 10: USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

Discus and support USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SwordOfDamocles, Mar 18, 2023.

1. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera, 64Gb of Ram, 2Tb Samsung NVME SSD, all ran off of a Seasonic PRIME 1300W Gold . I have built computers my whole life so this is not my first foray at this. I noticed that on startup, before the BIOS screen and Windows starts loading, I get a black screen with a white bar in the upper left. With Fast Boot disabled, that screen can hold from 5-15 seconds, with total boot being almost 90 seconds. During this, my USB devices will turn on, then off, se

:)

SwordOfDamocles, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 18, 2023
  4. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

Windows 10 started fine then the screen went black

Hello,

Please try the below steps to troubleshoot black screen error issue.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if it helps.

Redirecting

The issue you are facing with USB ports, kindly try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    If the above steps doesn't help try the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmt.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In device manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

c. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click
    uninstall.

d. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.

All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

1. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a... - Similar Threads - USB devices turn

2. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...: A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera, 64Gb of Ram, 2Tb Samsung NVME SSD, all ran off of a Seasonic PRIME 1300W Gold . I have built computers my whole life so this is...
  3. USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices turn on and off several times during startup and I have a black screen with a...: A few days ago, I noticed some strange behavior on my Windows 10 Pro install. My desktop is one I made, 13900K, Gigabyte 4090, AsRock Tachi Carrera, 64Gb of Ram, 2Tb Samsung NVME SSD, all ran off of a Seasonic PRIME 1300W Gold . I have built computers my whole life so this is...
  4. USB devices turn off at startup

USB devices turn off at startup: This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of Google.It seems they managed to stop breaking drivers, but never found a way to fix the problem in place. I think a program I...
  5. Advanced startup having a black screen

Advanced startup having a black screen: Initially my computer was running fine but a few hours later the screen started flickering. It was annoying but I just ignored it until my entire screen became black. I guessed it's a driver issue, so I uninstalled the Intel video driver. after that though upon logging in...
  6. I have a black screen and my mouse,keyboard turns off and on repeat until I turn off the pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a black screen and my mouse,keyboard turns off and on repeat until I turn off the pc: Hey microsoft,when i was reseting my pc my power went off and then when i reboot i clicked repair it said the windows couldnt repair so i tried looking at youtube for solution and tried the CMD command and then when i rebooted my pc now displays nothing no logo no loading...
  7. Infinite Black Screen during Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Black Screen during Startup: Hi, I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Upon starting up I can press the following buttons: Del: BIOS startup/Q-Flash F9: System Information F12: Boot Menu End: Q-Flash Yesterday i moved my computer...
  8. Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coocoocow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e80i1c/weird_message_during_startup_is_there_a_way_to/
  9. Screen goes from Black to normal several times during play of Videos and similarly goes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes from Black to normal several times during play of Videos and similarly goes...: Whenever I play a video on my win 10 computer the screen goes in and out of play making it impossible to make out what is being shown. This happens also on skype where the window goes from normal to blackout on many occasions making it impossible to follow the conversation....
  10. Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT): Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10 Without warning screen will flash black a few times and then go black. Only way to bring back is turn off and then back on. Happens maybe once a day....seems to be more on IE 11 but that could be because that is where I spend...