Windows 10: USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots.

Discus and support USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all so I have been having this issue that has been happening on and off with my mouse and keyboard where when windows wakes from sleep or boots up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TabiasE1920, Dec 8, 2019.

1. USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots.

Hi all so I have been having this issue that has been happening on and off with my mouse and keyboard where when windows wakes from sleep or boots up from a powered off state the mouse or keyboard or both will power on but will not respond and I will just be stuck at the lock screen. The only thing that seems to solve this issue is to power down the PC and power it back on. I have already tried disabling USB selective suspending and making sure that the mouse and key board are given permission to wake the computer in device manager but I still get the same issue. I tried different ports as well and the issue persists. I have checked by Motherboards( X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI (rev. 1.0)) bios (ver. F10) to see if there was a bios setting to make sure that wake by USB was enabled there but there not option for it thus no way for me to know if Gigabyte has the option enabled or not on my board. I would assume it would be automatically enabled if there is no option present. I would say its a problem with my Motherboard but I had this exact same issue on my last motherboard different install of windows. Has anyone else had this issue before? if so how did you manage to fix it? At this point I'm considering reinstalling windows and seeing if that changes anything.

submitted by /u/TabiasE1920
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TabiasE1920, Dec 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 8, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Bo$$ Win User

USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots.

Win 7 cold boot trouble

Every cold boot i have problems starting the pc

It boots, crashes during windows screen, reboots (either hangs at post) or boots up with windows recovery timeout

this has started recently i'm unsure of the cause, this motherboard had problems with some usb devices causing the BIOS to hang but it doesn't occur anymore.

Bo$$, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots.

1. USB devices will intermittently not respond after windows wakes up or when windows cold boots. - Similar Threads - USB devices intermittently

2. Wake up on Lan not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake up on Lan not responding: Hi,I've tried every configuration available through Google and still, I cannot wake up my Win10 home computer from power off or hibernate. I know I'm on the right track, as it does wake up from sleep after sending a packet from my phone from an App I downloaded. My...
  3. Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in: Waking up Windows when USB is plugged in [TL;DR: Can’t wake computer using mouse, keyboard on Wake on Power/AC, tried with Task Scheduler reacting to USB plug-in event, didn’t wake up even though it ran the task] Hello, I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro that I frequently use...
  4. monitor(s) intermittently failing to activate on cold boot up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor(s) intermittently failing to activate on cold boot up: I’ve started encountering a problem with my desktop PC running windows 10. I have 2 monitors fed by a GeForce GTX 670 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard with an Intel I 7 3770K chip. Recently the monitors have failed to display anything when the PC is switched on – not...
  5. monitor(s) intermittently failing to activate on cold boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor(s) intermittently failing to activate on cold boot up: I’ve started encountering a problem with my desktop PC running windows 10. I have 2 monitors fed by a GeForce GTX 670 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard with an Intel I 7 3770K chip. Recently the monitors have failed to display anything when the PC is switched on – not...
  6. Wired Mouse not responding after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wired Mouse not responding after wake up: Since I upgraded to Win 10 when my pc wakes from sleep the wired mouse slowly stops working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mouse-not-responding-after-wake-up/0538c5e0-4c18-454d-9e07-1453dc4682f0
  7. Desktop will not respond to wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not respond to wake up.: Hello, I have a 27 inch HP pavilion 27-r119 AIO computer with windows 10. I just did a complete HP reset. The machine will wake up fine if only idle for a short time. Either moving the mouse or pushing a key on the keyboard wakes it up quickly. My problem only seems to be if...
  8. USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10: Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both mouse and keyboard (specifically Razer Naga Hex v2 and Blackwidow Ultimate) have been intermittently failing to respond, albeit...
  9. Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.: I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure. After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized. If I unplug my mouse while running and re-insert its not recognized as well. Anything USB. Going to device manager and scanning for new...
  10. BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation: Hello, everyone: My device is Alienware 13 r3 with Intel i7-7700hq and Nvidia gtx 1060, running windows 10 64 bit 1809. Recently I got BSOD upon cold boot or waking up from hibernation. Direct reboot from OS usually is OK. I first tried to use windbg to analyze the...