Windows 10: Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only...

Discus and support Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; tried a fresh Install also made sure bios settings were correct submitted by /u/joelombard85 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joelombard85, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only...

tried a fresh Install also made sure bios settings were correct

submitted by /u/joelombard85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joelombard85, Nov 18, 2020
  2. tcebob Win User

PC would not restart after sleep until . . .

Here is a shot of HP Diagnostics 6.5. Seems OK.

Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only... [​IMG]

And Device Manager. Note that the unknown driver is listed but the yellow flag is not there. There is no reference to the driver.

Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only... [​IMG]

tcebob, Nov 18, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    PC would not restart after sleep until . . .

Here's a shot of Device Manager. I can't find any detail in the unknown USB. Ran repair but no change.

Ran HP UEFI diagnostics.

Can't find the logs but I'm pretty sure the system is OK.

Many thanks for your assistance!

tcebob, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only...

USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only...

1. Usb Devices work perfectly untill I put my pc to sleep, restart or shut down. Then the only... - Similar Threads - Usb Devices perfectly

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. I manually put my PC to sleep, then it crashes and shuts down. ntoskrnl.exe.

I manually put my PC to sleep, then it crashes and shuts down. ntoskrnl.exe.: Minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-manually-put-my-pc-to-sleep-then-it-crashes-and/6894891b-b061-4271-b925-e0d37c7e76ad
  5. I manually put my PC to sleep, then it crashes and shuts down. ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I manually put my PC to sleep, then it crashes and shuts down. ntoskrnl.exe.: Minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-manually-put-my-pc-to-sleep-then-it-crashes-and/6894891b-b061-4271-b925-e0d37c7e76ad
  6. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  7. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  8. PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  9. Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...: Hey all! I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way torestart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button inStart Menu isn't...
  10. should i shut down or put to sleep ?

in Windows 10 Support
    should i shut down or put to sleep ?: hi guys so i've been thinking should i turn my laptop off or hibernate or put it to sleep ? i haven't turned it off since nearly 4 month , i just close the lid so it goes to sleep will this damage it on the long term ? 74873