Windows 10: usb disabled

Discus and support usb disabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; usb just ceased, NO TRACKBALL OR EXTERNAL KEYBOARD NOR ANY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE RECOGNIZED OR WORKING NAND ZERO HELP can't even do a total reset just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emperorho, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Emperorho Win User

usb disabled

usb just ceased, NO TRACKBALL OR EXTERNAL KEYBOARD NOR ANY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE RECOGNIZED OR WORKING NAND ZERO HELP can't even do a total reset just stuck in limbo so I can't work but will get fired

:)

Emperorho, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 23, 2019
  3. windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 23, 2019
  4. usb disabled

USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

usb disabled

1. usb disabled - Similar Threads - usb disabled

2. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...
  3. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...
  4. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable External Device Through USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable External Device Through USB: I have an external device without an on/off switch connected to my computer that stays lit up even when the pc is locked or asleep. I would like to disable that one specific USB port when my computer is asleep so that it gets no power or be able to manually disable it so it...
  6. Disable External Device Through USB

Disable External Device Through USB: I have an external device without an on/off switch connected to my computer that stays lit up even when the pc is locked or asleep. I would like to disable that one specific USB port when my computer is asleep so that it gets no power or be able to manually disable it so it...
  7. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  8. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  9. How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11: I plug a laptop into one of multiple hybrid workstations at work depending where I can sit for the day. Every time it sets up a new monitor audio device which hijacks the audio from the headphones and if I'm in a meeting starts blaring the meeting to the general public...
  10. How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11

How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11: I plug a laptop into one of multiple hybrid workstations at work depending where I can sit for the day. Every time it sets up a new monitor audio device which hijacks the audio from the headphones and if I'm in a meeting starts blaring the meeting to the general public...