Windows 10: USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

Discus and support USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMerryMeatMan, Apr 8, 2021.

1. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports.

I have a total of four constant USB connections, a Corsair M65 Elite mouse, a Razer Cynosa keyboard, a RazerTartarus V2 keypad, an an external hard drive. The hard drive is the only one of these devices that doesn't experience this issue at all.

I've tried several solutions already including checking the manufacturer software for updates, reinstalling my USB controller driver directly, several restarts involved with both, a Windows update to the Razer HIDClass that was available. Nothing has worked. In fact it seems to have gotten WORSE. I'm baffled by this. I have no idea what kind of issue is possibly going on.

submitted by /u/TheMerryMeatMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMerryMeatMan, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Groggubus Win User

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Apr 8, 2021
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 8, 2021
  4. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

Problems with the USB jacks disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,
    I am having problems with my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. over the last few years the USB's disconnect and reconnect at random. the touchpad cuts out and scrolling doesnt' work half the time, the card reader doesnt' work half the time. I of course have all the newest drivers and firmware.

Now in the last 5-6 days since around the 15th, whenever the screen goes off the USB disconnects and reconnects over and over for a minute and it does this about every 10 mins. I've been sick and couldn't even get good rest because of the computer making that disconnect reconnect sound over and over unless i mute the sound or shut it off. I can't figure out whats wrong. i even disconnected all the USB jacks and it still was doing it. i was getting error messages in the event viewer but not now. i had problems with some of the USB listings in Device manager but not now. But it still does the disconnect thing. At one point i had this message "Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode)." and this is the other "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2." I had lots more of these and with different numbers. I also have various other warnings and errors in Event Manager. Not sure if they're related. Do i have a motherboard problem or software problem? I tired to do a reset but that failed and i couldn't figure out how to fix it. system restore also failed. for some dumb reason with this computer everytime i need to so a system restore it always fails.

chickadee28, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

1. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random - Similar Threads - USB Disconnect Reconnect

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  4. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  5. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  6. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  7. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  8. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

9. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  10. USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigman30685 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrjsc/usb_devices_randomly_disconnect_and_reconnect/