Windows 10: USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

Discus and support USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started up my computer today after coming home from work and after I turned on my headphones, I was immediately greeted with a never ending loop off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gray Bertrand, Oct 6, 2022.

1. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

I started up my computer today after coming home from work and after I turned on my headphones, I was immediately greeted with a never ending loop off the Windows device disconnect noise. I've tried everything at this point to attempt to make it stop. I've read several other forum posts from others with the same issue, and tried every single potential solution that was given. I've even rolled back my computer to 2 days ago- which I assumed would have solved this since this wasn't happening last night at all. Some things to note:- When checking Bluetooth and Other Devices settings, IntelR Wir

:)

Gray Bertrand, Oct 6, 2022
  2. perkinw Win User

USB disconnect sound

Keyboard, mouse, USB HDD. Since the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be affected, I suspect the HDD. I will disconnect it and see if that solves the problem.

There is no reconnect sound, just disconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you suggested. It is definitely the USB HDD. When I rebooted this morning, Macrium Reflect started a backup to the HDD, and I heard USB disconnect sounds almost continuously -- about once a second. The Macrium backup failed with "Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - The device is not ready."

I connected the drive to a different USB port on the same computer, but the disconnect sounds continued.

I moved the drive over to a laptop. There were no USB disconnect sounds. I was able to run a full Macrium Reflect backup on the laptop with no problems. Right now, I am running a SMART test on the backup, but it's taking forever.

Could it be a problem with USB? Or an out-of-date driver? I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea how to check for a driver update. This is an 8TB Western Digital Elements desktop drive.

perkinw, Oct 6, 2022
  3. USB disconnect sound keeps playing.

Every 2 seconds the USB disconnect sound keeps playing. It even plays when I disconnect every single USB. Also my mouse sometimes shifts to the right, so I think this is something to do with my mouse but I don't know. This started happening after my PC restarted
    during an update. Would this have anything to do with it? I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB. Thanks.

NathanNGC12, Oct 6, 2022
  4. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

1. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today. - Similar Threads - USB Disconnect sound

2. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.: I started up my computer today after coming home from work and after I turned on my headphones, I was immediately greeted with a never ending loop off the Windows device disconnect noise. I've tried everything at this point to attempt to make it stop. I've read several other...
  3. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating, only started today.: I started up my computer today after coming home from work and after I turned on my headphones, I was immediately greeted with a never ending loop off the Windows device disconnect noise. I've tried everything at this point to attempt to make it stop. I've read several other...
  4. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  5. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  6. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB disconnect sound

USB disconnect sound: I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) 174414
  8. The USB disconnect sound, randomly started playing on repeat every few seconds. I don't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The USB disconnect sound, randomly started playing on repeat every few seconds. I don't...: Yesterday out of nowhere it started playing, I restarted my pc but it kept playing when it turned back on. there was no device being plugged or unplugged, it even played when nothing was plugged in. I ended up making it so the device disconnect action just had no sound in...
  9. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating

USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating: About every 3 seconds the usb disconnect sound plays. Im not unplugging anything or plugging anything in. This started when I updated Windows earlier. I looked around and saw something about unplugging all usb devices and plugging them back in, and when i tried that windows...
  10. USB disconnect sound keeps playing.

USB disconnect sound keeps playing.: Every 2 seconds the USB disconnect sound keeps playing. It even plays when I disconnect every single USB. Also my mouse sometimes shifts to the right, so I think this is something to do with my mouse but I don't know. This started happening after my PC restarted during an...