Windows 10: USB disconnect sound

Discus and support USB disconnect sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perkinw, Feb 16, 2021.

1. perkinw Win User

USB disconnect sound

I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)

:)

perkinw, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 16, 2021
  3. USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT SOUND

Hello guys, i use an hp i5 pro book laptop, model G450.

Problem is, it makes a usb connect/disconnect sound every time it gets a slight shake or call it disturbance from its position and as the sound plays, the screen blinks too.

I searched for online solutions and did the following but still the problem has persisted

• I updated all the drivers
    • I checked the sound settings "event programs" and its only the "device connect" and "device disconnect" which are assigned to this sound.
    • I tried monitoring the device manager and nothing is displayed as this annoying sound plays
    Some one told me that it could be a VGA port issue but i don't know what i can really do if it's the actual problem.

Please help me, my laptop is not even 5 months old.

Nicholas-mukaaya, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

USB disconnect sound

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

USB disconnect sound

1. USB disconnect sound - Similar Threads - USB disconnect sound

2. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  3. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  4. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  6. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  7. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating

USB Disconnect sound keeps repeating: About every 3 seconds the usb disconnect sound plays. Im not unplugging anything or plugging anything in. This started when I updated Windows earlier. I looked around and saw something about unplugging all usb devices and plugging them back in, and when i tried that windows...
  9. USB disconnect sound keeps playing.

USB disconnect sound keeps playing.: Every 2 seconds the USB disconnect sound keeps playing. It even plays when I disconnect every single USB. Also my mouse sometimes shifts to the right, so I think this is something to do with my mouse but I don't know. This started happening after my PC restarted during an...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...