Windows 10: USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved

Discus and support USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using an external DVD drive and number pad through a Belkin USB hub on a Dell G7 laptop. At random times, the USB connection will disappear. To get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianOB, Jun 30, 2022.

1. BrianOB Win User

USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved

I'm using an external DVD drive and number pad through a Belkin USB hub on a Dell G7 laptop. At random times, the USB connection will disappear. To get it back, I would have to unplug and plug in the USB from the hub. When I say random times, I mean it could be fine for half a day or disconnect within minutes of me plugging it in. I would say that it normally would disappear every 1-2 hours. I searched the Web for answers, most of which had to do with disabling the setting that allows the laptop to turn off a USB connection as part of the power management plan. I tried that solution and others

:)

BrianOB, Jun 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 30, 2022
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved - Similar Threads - USB disconnects possibly

2. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved: I was a respondent to one of the original posts on this subject. I believe I have solved this. For months now many have reported on this all over social media. Well, with my plan to power 3 devices with one switch mode power supply, I ordered from Ghent Audio a DC29 - Oyaide...
  3. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved: I was a respondent to one of the original posts on this subject. I believe I have solved this. For months now many have reported on this all over social media. Well, with my plan to power 3 devices with one switch mode power supply, I ordered from Ghent Audio a DC29 - Oyaide...
  4. USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved: I'm using an external DVD drive and number pad through a Belkin USB hub on a Dell G7 laptop. At random times, the USB connection will disappear. To get it back, I would have to unplug and plug in the USB from the hub. When I say random times, I mean it could be fine for half...
  5. USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnects in Windows 10 -- possibly solved: I'm using an external DVD drive and number pad through a Belkin USB hub on a Dell G7 laptop. At random times, the USB connection will disappear. To get it back, I would have to unplug and plug in the USB from the hub. When I say random times, I mean it could be fine for half...
  6. How to solve Internet Consecutively Disconnects In Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to solve Internet Consecutively Disconnects In Windows 10?: When I used Windows 7 there was no problem at all. But when I downloaded from windows 10 a big file, Internet consecutively disconnects. So What's The Solution?I cannot express the whole thing in word so I made a video on YouTube on how to solve this so just follow the step...
  7. [SOLVED!] USB devices disconnects and reconnects.

[SOLVED!] USB devices disconnects and reconnects.: I have had problems with USB devices repeatably disconnecting and connecting.I have turned off power saving, updated drivers, disabled the Legacy mode in the BIOS and more of the commonly suggested stuff, but sadly to no avail.But then I started removing the USB 3 root hubs...
  8. A possible solution to Wifi USB adapter constantly disconnecting in Windows 10

A possible solution to Wifi USB adapter constantly disconnecting in Windows 10: Since I have bought a new computer I have been using a wireless USB adapter that I previously used on my old windows 7 PC, it's worth mentioning that this new PC I have requires a fair bit of power. Anyway I had been having this problem where it would constantly drop out at...
  9. Can't 'Safely Disconnect' USB in Windows 10

Can't 'Safely Disconnect' USB in Windows 10: Seems there's more than 300 people wrote in about this. You can 'Eject' a Camera Card (from the camera card slot) But you CAN'T 'Safely Disconnect' a USB drive. Not in Windows 10. You can click on the relevant icons, and the USB Drive will disappear from the index, but if...
  10. USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you connect a USB device, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on its own, then it could be a hardware or driver issue. The first need to make sure is to check the device works fine on another [...] This post USB keep disconnecting and...