Windows 10: USB disk offline to online... stumped

Discus and support USB disk offline to online... stumped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with a new USB drive that I accidentally marked as offline. I have tried everything to get it back "online". disk part does not do it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bardos, Oct 28, 2018.

1. bardos Win User

USB disk offline to online... stumped

I have a problem with a new USB drive that I accidentally marked as offline. I have tried everything to get it back "online". disk part does not do it, and in disk management the "online" setting is grayed out and not able to use it... none of my partition programs seem able to do this either. I am stumped

:)

bardos, Oct 28, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Reset (remove files, no disk wipe) fails with Inaccessible Boot Device; Defender Offline fails with 0x8007002

Two identical Dell Inspiron 660 systems (one for each child):

• Win7 --> Win 10 upgrades went uneventfully, normal function afterward.
    • 1st system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal AND disk wipe, completed successfully, normal function
    • 2nd system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal WITHOUT disk wipe --> procedure fails:
      • INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error is thrown, with an endless reboot cycle
    • Based on
      this thread
      reference to
      KB2673509
      , Windows Defender Offline downloaded and run to create USB installation
    • USB device inserted into affected system
    • Boot device sequence manually directed to USB during reboot cycle via BIOS <F12> key function
    • Windows Defender Offline initiates, but halts throwing error 0x8007002

USB disk offline to online... stumped c8fbaa07-2c69-426b-bb2d-baa18c4abe0a.jpg

• This code
      appears to be
      related to a problem with Windows update, which I can not rationalize given that this is explicitly an
      offline tool.
    What are the suggestions for next step(s)?

Lonn Myronuk, Oct 28, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. USB disk offline to online... stumped - Similar Threads - USB disk offline

2. How to change Offline USB stick to Online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Offline USB stick to Online.: Windows Explorer says that my Sandisk Cruzer stick 128Mb is Online. Aomei Partition Manager says it's OfflineNeither will let me format it or change its status, because it's write protected. not physically.I've tried every suggested remedy, but can't work around the...
  3. How to change Offline USB stick to Online.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Offline USB stick to Online.: Windows Explorer says that my Sandisk Cruzer stick 128Mb is Online. Aomei Partition Manager says it's OfflineNeither will let me format it or change its status, because it's write protected. not physically.I've tried every suggested remedy, but can't work around the...
  4. How to change Offline USB stick to Online.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home: Hello, If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to Offline/Online the Disk. I am using W10 Home, this doesn't seem to be there. Is there a simple way to offline and online a disk which...
  6. Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives: Hi, I hope someone can help. Basically I'm used to going into Disk Management and choosing a disk, right-clicking and having the option to take that disk online/offline usually done to keep kids/family from deleting archive stuff by accident, but the last time I went to use...
  7. Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online: Hi everyone. I recently clone my Operating System WIndows 10 from my Hard drive to Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 NVME using Samsung Migration, however in disk management the new SSD is offline with the following notification "Disk offline because it has signature collision with...
  8. Change printer offline to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change printer offline to online: How do I turn printer online from offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-printer-offline-to-online/0109d8d6-e909-4652-8532-14a6604f06d7
  9. How to change Offline to online

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Offline to online: How do I change offline to online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-offline-to-online/da6527fc-de53-4c17-a073-f8412c5cd2db
  10. USB disk offline to online... stumped

in Windows 10 Support
    USB disk offline to online... stumped: I have a problem with a new USB drive that I accidentally marked as offline. I have tried everything to get it back "online". disk part does not do it, and in disk management the "online" setting is grayed out and not able to use it... none of my partition programs seem able...