Windows 10: USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working

Discus and support USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 3 i5/4300U with two mDP monitors, one plugged in directly and one plugged in to the dock and then I have a USB adapter using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kumabjorn, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn Win User

USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working

I have a Surface Pro 3 i5/4300U with two mDP monitors, one plugged in directly and one plugged in to the dock and then I have a USB adapter using DisplayLink with an adapter converting it to DiV connector. This setup has worked just fine for a long time. It also worked fine after the upgrade to Windows 10. But the other day there was an upgrade installed and now I can only get two external monitors to work at the same time. Either both the mDP monitors ore one mDP and the USB connected monitor.

I have tried rolling back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. But I'm stuck with using two of three external monitors. Has anyone else had the same problem, and if so, did you find any solution?

:)

Kumabjorn, Aug 25, 2015

2. Three extra monitors no longer working

I am running a Surface Pro 3 in the docking station. To this is connected two WQHD (2560 x 1440) monitors with mDP, one in the docking station and one in SP3 directly. I also have an HD monitor in portrait connected through an adapter using DisplayLink driver.
    This all worked fine under Windows 8.1 and even after the update to Windows 10. But now everything has gone haywire. I can only have one WQHD monitor connected, as soon as the second monitor is connected both go black. This is independent of the DL driven
    USB connected monitor. I've disconnected it, and even uninstalled drivers. Same result. I'm running an Intel driver 1.0.18.15.4256 and when trying to update it the response is that I am using the latest driver.

USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working [​IMG]

TaroTsurugaya, Aug 25, 2015
  3. timdunn Win User
    DisplayLink Fails to Connect After Sleep on Windows 10

Software:

Windows 10 build 10240

All recent software updates applied.

DisplayLink Core Software 7.9.630.0

DisplayLink Graphics 7.9.658.0

(Yes, they don't match. Latest version for both were installed 2015-11-01)

Hardware:

Lenovo W530

ASUS MB168B+ USB 3.0 1920 x 1080 monitors (2)

- Initially not plugged into machine.

- During repro, plugged into W530's blue (SuperSpeed / USB 3.0) ports on left side.

Repro steps:

*WITHOUT MONITORS ATTACHED*

Right-click on 'Power' icon in system tray

Click on 'Power Options'

Select 'Power saver' option

Close window

Hibernate machine with 'shutdown -h'

Connect monitors

Power machine on

Expected and Observed: Monitors work.

Let computer go to sleep

Resume machine

Expected: Monitors work

Observed: Monitors remain dark

Unplug/re-plug USB cables from/to machine

Expected: Monitors work

Observed: Monitors display ASUS power-on logo, then remain dark, and USB device error displayed

Start device manager.

under 'Monitors', remove USB 1080 monitor, delete display driver

Action | Scan for Hardware Change

Expected: Monitors detected.

Observed: No hardware changes detected.

Windows | Settings | Update & Security | Windows Update | Check for updates

Expected: DisplayLink software driver update download notification

Observed: No updates.

Will reboot.

timdunn, Aug 25, 2015
  4. damocles Win User

I had this with my usb Mimo um-740. I just unplugged the usb connector in the computer, put it back and the monitor came back to life.

damocles, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Kumabjorn Win User
    Doesn't work for me. I have been able to discern that it is the DisplayLink driver that wreaks havoc with the mDP. If I disconnect the adapter both screens are available, but as soon as I plug in the USB adapter (and thus activate the DL driver) one screen disappears. For some reason it is the one connected to the slate that does it. For a little while it came back and worked fine, but then it disappeared again.

Just to make sure I uninstalled the DL software, went to their site and redownloaded and reinstallet it. Same result.

Kumabjorn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working - Similar Threads - USB DisplayLink monitor

2. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no mDP signal from your device: Hi.When I turn on my PC, monitors wake up, but during the startup, this message apears "no mdp signal from your device", and the monitors go to sleep.I make a hard shut down, and start again, and now it works fine.This happens every time for some weeks, perhaps after a...
  3. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no mDP signal from your device: Hi.When I turn on my PC, monitors wake up, but during the startup, this message apears "no mdp signal from your device", and the monitors go to sleep.I make a hard shut down, and start again, and now it works fine.This happens every time for some weeks, perhaps after a...
  4. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MDP to dual HDMI connections not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDP to dual HDMI connections not responding: I have a first-gen surface laptop and I have been trying to get an MDP adaptor that allows me to extend across two additional monitors but am struggling to find anything that works. I recently purchased WJESOG MDP-2HMDI port and it also did not work. Looking for...
  6. MDP to dual HDMI connections not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDP to dual HDMI connections not responding: I have a first-gen surface laptop and I have been trying to get an MDP adaptor that allows me to extend across two additional monitors but am struggling to find anything that works. I recently purchased WJESOG MDP-2HMDI port and it also did not work. Looking for...
  7. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  8. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  9. Dual Monitor Issue / DisplayLink hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Issue / DisplayLink hub: This has been driving me nuts and I cant figure out why. I have a display link hub. One monitor is on HDMI. The other is on a VGA -> DVI adapter. I have 2 Spectre E20 Monitors. Everytime I boot up the monitor on the VGA adapter looks stretched out. I have to go to Display...
  10. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    FCU and DisplayLink Drivers: After the install and reboot of the FCU, a pop up message said that the DisplayLink driver installed on my laptop was not compatible with FCU and has been removed. I had used DisplayLink to connect a second monitor to my HP Laptop via USB. After the reboot, my three...