Windows 10: USB does not recognise Garmin

Discus and support USB does not recognise Garmin in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB does not recognise Garmin so I am unable to update the SatNav.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewCopland, Oct 8, 2019.

1. USB does not recognise Garmin

USB does not recognise Garmin so I am unable to update the SatNav.

:)

AndrewCopland, Oct 8, 2019

2. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Since it failed on many PC's, probably not the PC itself
    • Have you tried different USB 2.0 ports and on different machines. Some devices do better with 2.0 (even tho 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible)
    • Tried a different USB cable?
    • Do you know if there's ever (how recent?) there's been a firmware update to your Garmin and can you see what version it runs? (I'd guess the Garmin tool on the PC would manage/report on this if any info to be found). Check with Garmin if more recent? Or if you think problem may have started after an update if you can downgrade the firmware?

ComputerGeek, Oct 8, 2019
  3. amd62 Win User
    Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Hello

I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore.

I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor can windows. It doesnt enter Mass storage mode, and disk management doesnt detect it either. However, it just goes into charging mode. Device itself works perfectly and tracks HR/GPS etc., but it is not detected as a storage device by the pc.

Things i've tried.
    - Multiple Pcs with the newest Garmin Express (windows 10)
    - Reinstall/clean install of Garmin Express.
    - Cleaned the watches contacts/connection points etc.
    - Reset/hard reset the watch
    - Garmins suggestion on forcing software mode on the watch. (Turn it off and hold START/STOP while plugging into USB -> Just goes into charging again)

ANY help is appreciated. Comments, suggestions and certainly solutions *Biggrin

amd62, Oct 8, 2019
  4. ItWit Win User

USB does not recognise Garmin

USB Devices not recognised.

I have two devices that regularly are not properly recognized by Windows 10 one is a Garmin GPS and the other is a DJI Phantom Drone. In the case of the Garmin the USB Drives are recognised by Windows (Confirmed using USBDEVIEW) but the software does
    not recognise the device and continues to search for it.

In the DJI case it seems to recognise the device but the software cannot access the Drone information i.e. Version Numbers etc. It also often reports errors on the SD Card inserted into the Drone but no errors are reported if the SD Card is inserted into
    a card reader.

Any suggestions that I can try would be appreciated.

ItWit, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

USB does not recognise Garmin

1. USB does not recognise Garmin - Similar Threads - USB does recognise

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't recognise driver for Garmin ANT stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognise driver for Garmin ANT stick: I have a Garmin device that connects via an ANT stick. Since installing Windows 11 the ANT stick is not recognised when I plug it in. I have contacted Garmin and re-installed the driver, but still nothing. Garmin advised me to contact Microsoft for help....
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  6. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  7. Window does not recognise my USB

Window does not recognise my USB: Hello, My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory....
  8. Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?)

Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?): One side is standard USB A-Type and the other is this (two different angles): [img] I'm not sure what device it came with, it's been in my cupboard a while.There is a USB 3.0 SS logo on it and it looks very similar to 'USB 3.0 B-Type' but the middle of the connector doesn't...
  9. Some USB port does not recognise drive

Some USB port does not recognise drive: I have a WD Passport 1TB drive, on two my pc's USB 3 ports, it just won't get recognised. Once the cable is plugged in, the power light on the drive lights ON , not blinking, and nothing else happens. Any idea to fix or diagnose this. The USB ports otherwise seems to work...
  10. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Not detected by USB port - Garmin: Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore. I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor...