Windows 10: USB dongle driver error

Discus and support USB dongle driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; having a problem with a usb dongle error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by steves.1, Sep 9, 2018.

1. steves.1 Win User

USB dongle driver error

having a problem with a usb dongle error

:)

steves.1, Sep 9, 2018

2. usb Dongle not working#!!!

Hi Anzarul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error you get when you connect the USB dongle?

Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to reinstall the USB drivers and check if it helps.

• Press
      Windows Key + X,
      and select Device Manager

• Expand the
      Universal Serial Bus Controllers section by clicking on the
      "+"
      sign.

• Uninstall each of the devices under the
      USB Controller section by right-clicking on each one, and then clicking
      Uninstall.

• Close the
      Device Manager and restart your computer. Windows will automatically re-install the USB controllers in your computer, without you having to do anything further. Your computer will now run USB devices properly.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Sep 9, 2018
  4. USB dongle driver error

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

USB dongle driver error

1. USB dongle driver error - Similar Threads - USB dongle driver

2. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  3. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  4. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Dongle Malfunctioning

USB Dongle Malfunctioning: Hi, I have a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard bundle 2000. When I plug it into the computer, it gives me this message: USB Device not recognized. What can I do it fix this?...
  6. Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10

Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10: The internet and bluetooth cards died a little bit ago on my computer, and I had to purchase external USB connection dongles. Now I am having issues connecting my Bluetooth dongle. When I try to update the driver, it tells me the best drivers are already installed. In Device...
  7. Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error: Lil backstory: damaged my laptop audio jack when I stood up with my earphones still in. Can't get it repaired so I bought bluetooth headphones. They're USB 5 and they pair and connect but the audio keeps cutting in and out. Searched and tried every solution (update drivers by...
  8. Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1 USB UHE Dongle Driver Error with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1 USB UHE Dongle Driver Error with Windows 10: Hi everyone! I have a very annoying problem. Yesterday my laptop was working perfectly, but tonight when I tried to sign on to windows I discovered that my external keyboard was no longer being recognized. I looked at the Bluetooth settings and saw that there was a driver...
  9. BT EDR DONGLE Driver Error

BT EDR DONGLE Driver Error: I have a 10-year-old Hitachi Starboard Tablet that works fine on my Dell desktop (running Windows 10) but when I plug the BTU02H-G dongle into my Dell Laptop (also running on Windows 10), the Settings screen for "Bluetooth & other devices" on my laptop lists "BT EDR Dongle...
  10. Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle

Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle: Hi all, I'm having some issues trying to source and locate a Driver for a Wi-Fi module. The module itself is a 2x2 USB Wifi Dongle, made by a company called Wistron NeWeb. The background behind all of this is, I'm currently sorting out my partners dad's computer for...