Windows 10: USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer

Discus and support USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to get a USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer. I use Windows 10 and Quickbooks Enterprise. Can you recommend what Printer I can get that would work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KimTindol1, Aug 27, 2020.

1. USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer

I need to get a USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer. I use Windows 10 and Quickbooks Enterprise. Can you recommend what Printer I can get that would work with what I have.

:)

KimTindol1, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Flak88 Win User

What Dot Matrix or Impact Printers will work with Windows 10?

We have Quickbooks and have just been FORCED to update to Window 10 from XP by the QB newest version. We have over 3000 tractor feed checks to use up... 3 years worth. So we want to continue to use these printers. We are having a lot of trouble finding any
    that install on Win10 easily. All the queries about "dot matrix" and "Impact" here seem to show it's an Olympic class excersize in gymnastics. Considering how important these printers are to businesses and banks around the world, we are very surprised by the
    non-support.

We have tried to find working drivers for the Panasonic KX-P1124/2123/1091, Epson LQ-1010 and Citizen GSX-190 that were in storage. So far, only junk, phishing and spyware (and thank you to Spybot and AVG for protection!!). We are also unhappy with the ADD
    PRINTER list for manual install. Some places say we need to use Epson FX or LQ drivers for non-Epson printers. But the Win10 Epson list is cryptic: "ESP/P Mono 1 V4 Class Driver"? What the ... is that??? It's not on the Epson site. We tried the entire list
    and the results are all gibberish in the top 1-2 lines, full page advance and 1-2 lines, advance, 1-2 lines.....

We are NOT using USB. We are using LPT 1 and the printer worked perfectly as on ECP under WinXP. A suggestion was to set BIOS for LPT 1 to Regular or Unidirectional. Did that, no help. Another was to set the Spooler to RAW (not EMF). Uhhh... How? Can't find
    any Win10 spooler options, unlike in XP (which was set to the default).

So, what dot matrix impact printers will work properly with Win10 and Quickbooks? With minimal contortions? Are there any NEW or OLD ones? Is there a compatibility list? PLEASE discuss your solutions here.

Flak88, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Flak88 Win User

I think I was fairly precise as to what were the problems with installing the dot matrix printers we had in the posts above. But if I must spell it out...

>>USELESS - FAULTY DRIVERS INSTALLED IN WIN 10 FOR DOT MATRIX/IMPACT PRINTERS OF ALL TYPES, OLD AND NEW.

>>INEFFECTIVE AND FAULTY P-N-P RECOGNITION OF DOT MATRIX/IMPACT PRINTERS,... LPT OR USB.

>>CONFUSING OR USELESS LABELING OF WIN 10 ON DRIVERS THAT DO EXIST. ("ESP/P Mono 1 V4 Class Driver"? What the ... is that???)

>>NO SUGGESTION IN WIN 10 TO FIND UPDATED DRIVERS AND HOW TO DO IT.
    WIN 10 IS NOT A "SMART" OS.

>>THE WINDOWS HELP/TROUBLESHOOTER WAS NOT VERY HELPFUL.... AS IT HAS BEEN FOR GENERATIONS.

>>CONFUSING OR MISSING INFO IN WIN 10 (AND AT MS SITES) ON WHAT WOULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

>>HELP ONLINE BY ALL REPUTABLE SOURCES IS MISSING, CONFUSING OR USELESS.

(Note: WinXP was/is almost happy to live with any printer made up to 2015. It's driver list was extensive and understandable and automatically updated. If not for Quick Books required OS update, we would still be happy with XP and saved $680 and several
    days work.)

No, we had no error codes or notices when using older printers mentioned above. All attempts either didn't print anything or printed gibberish. All MS help sites had NOTHING to get us going!! I searched 12 hours... nearly 150 links, by the Firefox history
    count. I deduced by myself that finding a Win 10 certified impact printer would be the solution, if they existed. The Okidata brand was used by banks so it was our best choice. Okidata confirmed this deduction by phone call. We bought their printer and when
    the install went south, a perfect solution was given quickly by Okidata, as noted above. ALL difficulties were directly attributable to Win 10 itself.

"I would suggest you to install the drivers using updates and check if that helps."

Considering we had solved our problem 100% before your reply, why should I try to do it all over again? I wrote my solution for others to profit by. We are happy with Okidata for understanding our 1st call query about what was wrong. They employ SMART people
    there who know what business people's problems are and how to solve them.

It's now well over a month and the solution is still good. Since I spent those days on this issue, we sent the old printers to our obsolete parts pile. If you want to solve the driver problem, more power to ya. Send a dozen pre-paid shipping boxes to us
    and we'll send you all our old printers to have fun with.

Flak88, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Flak88 Win User

USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer

Reporting success!! We bought a (much) newer impact dot matrix printer. Installed the Okidata ML420 after calling the company by phone and being assured that the printer was supported on Win

The install was not without incident. The ML420 did fine for test pages and txt, rtf, doc printing. However, it didn't print tractor feed checks at all. Intuit/Quickbooks support didn't get us anywhere (this was the program that needed the checks to print)
    after an hour on the phone.

Okidata had the fix. They almost immediately figured the Win 10 driver for the printer was faulty. They directed us to go to the printer install window and download the most recent printer drivers.
    This done, they directed us to find the Epson FX Series 1 (80) driver and install that. After that made sure we were using the USB port connection, not the LPT1 port. Test.... It worked perfectly for everything!!!

[Late note: see below for exact details on this procedure which I confirmed 11/19/2016]

Now I wonder if such would work with our old Panasonic printers, even using LPT ports. Have alot of ink cartridges left.

Flak88, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer

1. USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer - Similar Threads - USB Dot Matrix

2. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer: How do I get this kind of printer to work with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizen-gsx-190ii-9-wire-dot-matrix-printer/06751f3c-45ef-49dd-b61a-f4c2ae848001
  3. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer: How do I get this kind of printer to work with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizen-gsx-190ii-9-wire-dot-matrix-printer/06751f3c-45ef-49dd-b61a-f4c2ae848001
  4. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...: Hi,after a windows update earlier this year, sharing an Oki 320 printer forces a "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" to be used on any pc that accesses that share. This driver causes the printing to be either too light to read or too dark if we change the DPI in the...
  6. "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...: Hi,after a windows update earlier this year, sharing an Oki 320 printer forces a "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" to be used on any pc that accesses that share. This driver causes the printing to be either too light to read or too dark if we change the DPI in the...
  7. "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...

8. Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs

Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs: Hello,I have an office of 15 recently purchased Dell PCs on fully updated Windows 10 Pro that are suddenly, as of the last month or two, unable to print complete print jobs on Panasonic KX-P3626 dot matrix printers. The printers print ~95% of the job then suddenly stop and...
  9. Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer printing issue on Canada Quickbook after upgraded to windows 10

Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer printing issue on Canada Quickbook after upgraded to windows 10: Hi My client running Canada Intuit Quickbook 2014 Premier version to print their invoice using Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer without any problem on Windows 7 Professional. Upon upgrading to brand new system using Windows 10 Professional, the old Quickbook having...
  10. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update: Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old usb dot matrix printer on windows 10