Windows 10: USB drive default

Discus and support USB drive default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a EATOP 128 GB usb drive and it was formatted, now it only will handle 32 GB. Is there a way to get it back to the 128 GB or do I just chunk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelHarrison200, Jan 4, 2019.

1. USB drive default

I bought a EATOP 128 GB usb drive and it was formatted, now it only will handle 32 GB. Is there a way to get it back to the 128 GB or do I just chunk it and get a new one?

:)

MichaelHarrison200, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 4, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB drive default

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB drive default nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

USB drive default

1. USB drive default - Similar Threads - USB drive default

2. Change default to USB video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default to USB video: Hi, I'm setting up for an exam but my internal cam quality is unable to detect my face. So, I connected a USB camera but there is no option to switch to it not even in camera settings. Need some guide....
  3. Setting a default drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting a default drive: I purchased a Crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2 ssd for my Windows 10 /64 system and it seems to work just fine except for one odd situation. The drive is recognized in the BIOS, in Windows Disk Management, and in the File Explorer, and reads and writes ok. However, if I go to Windows...
  4. FS2020 default drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 default drive: Trying to install FS2020 but default download drive is C and I need it to be D - how do I do this as I have tried just typing over it without any luck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-default-drive/94534f17-937a-4550-ac94-25477b577b53
  5. Default drive permissions

Default drive permissions: Greetings, Was trying to move some Steam games from C: drive to my D: drive but got the "Failed to add new Steam library folder" issue. So a quick Google search result told me that I have to go to the 'Security' tab on my D: drive and choose which 'User' I was and choose...
  6. default hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default hard drive: I want to switch desktop between drivers. my default desktop is on my ssd drive , I want to change the address from ssd drive to the hard drive. iv'e already done the " change where content is saved " option....
  7. hard drive default drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive default drive?: how do i make it so that everything install into my hard drive instead of my C: drive. when I install things, it auto sets to the C: drive, but i want it to be automatically set on my hard drive instead of doing it manually. submitted by /u/lesionfn [link] [comments]...
  8. Default to C drive

Default to C drive: I have just built a computer with its own hard drive. I start windows 10 and it seems that everything's going to OneDrive maybe?, I've been messaged about not enough room. How do I make certain that C drive is what everything is installed to?...
  9. The default installation drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The default installation drive?: How do I change the default installation drive when installing a program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-default-installation-drive/8cf3bcb9-cb51-48c7-abb0-15dfa6d27b88
  10. USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive: I have a V Safe Store & Go Verbatim USB.It does not work in Windows 10.In fact in the Properties of the USB Windows 10 is not listed. I get a message failed to initialised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive/b403c8bf-4fcb-4a33-9a02-799729999bef