Windows 10: USB drive detection problem

Discus and support USB drive detection problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I got an error message after inserting my USB into my laptop running Windows 10 Home edition. And when I try to close the error message,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Chen54321, Jan 28, 2020.

1. USB drive detection problem

Hi everyone,

I got an error message after inserting my USB into my laptop running Windows 10 Home edition. And when I try to close the error message, it keeps appearing again every time. The error message is shown in the screenshot here. The USB is not connected to my laptop even after inserting it properly because from file explorer, my laptop does not detect any USB drive. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

USB drive detection problem f6b70d41-eca7-4149-b235-4176447c7b01?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ian Chen54321, Jan 28, 2020
  2. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 28, 2020
  4. panchoman Win User

USB drive detection problem

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

USB drive detection problem

1. USB drive detection problem - Similar Threads - USB drive detection

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  6. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  7. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive: Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading....
  8. USB Drive not detected by Windows 10

USB Drive not detected by Windows 10: ACER laptop Windows 10 Version 1903 I recently bought a USB thumb drive. Plugged it into one of the USB ports on my laptop and.....nothing. Doesn't show up in File Explorer, Windows doesn't even seem to detect that it's connected. I've tried all 3 USB ports. USB ports are...
  9. USB external drive detection

USB external drive detection: My Lenovo Yoga does not detect an external cd/dvd drive plugged into the usb port. How do I make it search for the device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-external-drive-detection/4dd6bbfd-99da-47cd-8a89-a2a521d6ac12
  10. USB drive not detecting printer

USB drive not detecting printer: I am using a Microsoft book 2 and my USB not detecting printer. The computer detects my phone but does not stay connected; it just does cycles of connecting then disconnecting. Thanks, Ellis McClain...