Windows 10: USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os

Discus and support USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my usb drive is not getting detected on my laptop which has Windows 10 OS I executed drvierquery command its output is following but the same pen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Jun 22, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os

my usb drive is not getting detected on my laptop which has Windows 10 OS
    I executed drvierquery command its output is following

but the same pen drive gets detected in vmware virtual machine on Windows 10 and I can see all files.
    I have attached output of driverquery in attachment section here.
    I want to know what is the problem why is my USB drive not getting detected in Windows 10 laptop.
    Host OS Win10 version 1909 18363.900
    Guest OS Win10 version 1903 18362.900
    I have IOBit software updater 2.4 it has updated some drivers on host previously.

:)

sandila, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

No, the RemoteFX adapter provides good enough 2D/3D acceleration just fine. Not software in any way, it is full hardware 2D/3D acceleration.
    I am not using a generic driver in the Host OS, nor in the Guest OS in any way.
    Host OS has latest AMD Radeon drivers, Guest OS - the matching RemoteFX drivers.

I am not 3D rendering or playing heavy games in the VM, of course. *Smile USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os :)
    I do not use or need Linux here. Windows 10 Host, Windows Guests.

3. GoldenX Win User
    Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

That's either because GPU-Z has a hardcoded detection for VMWare (a more common virtual machine than Hyper-V), or the method used to inform to the guest OS about the hardware is more standard on VMWare than on RemoteFX.
    You should try to contact Wizzard, the developer of GPU-Z. My opinion is that GPU-Z needs some hardcoded info to properly detect any hardware, real or not.

GoldenX, Jun 22, 2020
  4. lacrumb Win User

No os detected

C:\ is not System Reserve but the System it self.

You need to reinstall Windows 10.

If you have another computer available download the Media Creation Tool and use that.

If you need to boot from a USB stick you need to go into the BIOS and put the USB at the top of the Boot list. If you do then after installing move it down so your hard drive that has the OS on it is at the top.

lacrumb, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os - Similar Threads - USB drive doest

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS: Hi ThereI just upgraded my ASUS G750-JH with a CRUCIAL DDR3 16GB module. The memory is detected by MB as you see in attached screen shots but doesn't show in my WIN 11 home 64bit.3 Items screenshotsIn BIOS I have 40GB but in Windows it is only 24GBIs there any driver missing?...
  5. Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS

Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS: Hi ThereI just upgraded my ASUS G750-JH with a CRUCIAL DDR3 16GB module. The memory is detected by MB as you see in attached screen shots but doesn't show in my WIN 11 home 64bit.3 Items screenshotsIn BIOS I have 40GB but in Windows it is only 24GBIs there any driver missing?...
  6. Flash drive/usb not detected

Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  7. USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os

USB drive doest not detect in host os but gets detected in guest os: my usb drive is not getting detected on my laptop which has Windows 10 OS I executed drvierquery command its output is following but the same pen drive gets detected in vmware virtual machine on Windows 10 and I can see all files. I have attached output of driverquery in...
  8. no audio from guest os

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no audio from guest os: hi i am ahmed i had currently installed kali linux in hyper v but when i play video on youtuve in kali linux there is no audio is coming i has searched for this error from internet this seems due to generation 1 and 2 i a=had installed on 1 generation...
  9. USB external drive detection

USB external drive detection: My Lenovo Yoga does not detect an external cd/dvd drive plugged into the usb port. How do I make it search for the device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-external-drive-detection/4dd6bbfd-99da-47cd-8a89-a2a521d6ac12
  10. Sites are unable to detect my OS.

in Browsers and Email
    Sites are unable to detect my OS.: I'm using Windows 10. I recently reset my PC so that I could re-install windows 10 thanks to an issue i was having with my WiFi. One day after doing that, I'm using my usual main browser, Opera, and sites with DOSArrest are giving me the "463 Restricted Client" error, one...