Windows 10: USB drive formats PC to MAC

Discus and support USB drive formats PC to MAC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ejbpesca, Apr 21, 2022.

1. ejbpesca Win User

USB drive formats PC to MAC

Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10?

:)

ejbpesca, Apr 21, 2022
  2. mikel33 Win User

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Did you look in THIS PC location.

You drive is not located in devices.

And Dave is correct. Also depends on the Format type you used on a Mac.

I suggest to go back to the MAC and move the files back onto it.

format the drive NTFS or possibly FAT 16 and move the files back onto it.

then try and move them on to Windows PC

Certified_Friend, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. USB drive formats PC to MAC - Similar Threads - USB drive formats

2. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  3. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  4. convert usb drive format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    convert usb drive format: I have a usb drive that was originally fat32 and I converted it to ntfs. I want to convert it back to fat32 and even though I've tried file explorer, command prompt and powershell, nothing works. I want to use it for a macbook with m1, but it doesn't recognise ntfs or exfat...
  5. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  6. Formatted USB Drive

Formatted USB Drive: I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-usb-drive/9646d9c8-a251-44d1-8b1a-4b4132c5e0c1"
  7. usb drive format change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive format change: im trying to make my usb dive format to ntfs but when I searched up how to do it nothing was the same for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-format-change/9314e2f1-c068-4b16-80be-1cbf214b720b
  8. Formating USB drive

Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  9. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC: I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to...
  10. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...