Windows 10: usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it

Discus and support usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm trying to mod my Wii, and a USB drive is part of the process. I put an ISO for a Wii game on it to try and play it, not knowing it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bloxofhope, Mar 10, 2019.

1. usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it

So I'm trying to mod my Wii, and a USB drive is part of the process. I put an ISO for a Wii game on it to try and play it, not knowing it was corrupted. So now the USB drive is pretty much irreparable. I can't use CMD Prompt to check disk, because "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives." and if I try to format it, it disconnects and the format is unsuccessful. Also, if I try to go to properties and then tools, then check it, it says I need to format it, which I can't. Help please.

:)

bloxofhope, Mar 10, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

USB Drive Continually Corrupting Files

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help with something? I'm using a 32gb mushkin nano usb drive in my laptop as additional storage for my paltry SSD, but I've noticed that it's been corrupting my files.

I've tested the drive with a utility called chkflsh and it reports the usb is fine and I have scanned for viruses and come up with nothing.

This is extremely annoying as I'm using BTSync to backup my drive with my other home/work computers and so this is causing the files across all computers to become corrupt.

I've also run memtest to check my ram, as I thought that might be causing the issues and it's come up with nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what happening?

Thanks for any help.

silkstone, Mar 10, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    USB Drive Continually Corrupting Files

Hi guys. Thanks for the response and sorry for the late reply, I just finished work.

I've just re-examined it an noticed it's only happening with video files, but it is any video file from 1mb all the way up to 1gb, my other files haven't been affected like i first thought.

I'm sure it's an original drive and I've scanned it with Kaspersky. I'm going to try and see if it does it in another computer later, but it's really strange.

When I initially copy the file to the USB, it will be fine and play fine, but it will corrupt over time and become more and more corrupt as time goes on. I've had multiple USBs that have failed or stopped working in someway, but I've never encountered this issue before.

silkstone, Mar 10, 2019
  4. usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it

1. usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it - Similar Threads - usb drive has

2. I can't fix corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't fix corrupted system files: I have been trying to fix this for around 6 hours now. I recently built a new pc about a week ago and everything has been running smoothly until last night. Last night I was doing my own thing on my pc when I suddenly got a BSOD I can't remember what the stop code was. I then...
  3. I can't fix corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't fix corrupted system files: I have been trying to fix this for around 6 hours now. I recently built a new pc about a week ago and everything has been running smoothly until last night. Last night I was doing my own thing on my pc when I suddenly got a BSOD I can't remember what the stop code was. I then...
  4. I can't fix the corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't fix the corrupted files: Whenever I do sfc /scannow it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation, I tried googling to fix the problem non of em worked, I tried resetting my computer but it says "there was a problem resetting your computer"...
  5. I can't fix the corrupted files

I can't fix the corrupted files: Whenever I do sfc /scannow it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation, I tried googling to fix the problem non of em worked, I tried resetting my computer but it says "there was a problem resetting your computer"...
  6. I can't fix the corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  8. My Windows has corrupt files but it can't fix itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows has corrupt files but it can't fix itself: This may be the most annoying problem I've experienced with my PC because of its subtlety. I recently moved house and took my PC with me, but I've started to notice some problems since the move. For the most part, my computer is functional. It boots most of the time just...
  9. My Windows has corrupt files but it can't fix itself

My Windows has corrupt files but it can't fix itself: This may be the most annoying problem I've experienced with my PC because of its subtlety. I recently moved house and took my PC with me, but I've started to notice some problems since the move. For the most part, my computer is functional. It boots most of the time just...
  10. My Windows has corrupt files but it can't fix itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix corrupted files on usb with files on it