Windows 10: USB drive has locked

Discus and support USB drive has locked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im getting a new pc and want to transfer some important documents via a usb stick. Whilst doing so i had a dialogue box come up saying something about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by normanlidbury, Nov 7, 2019.

1. USB drive has locked

Im getting a new pc and want to transfer some important documents via a usb stick. Whilst doing so i had a dialogue box come up saying something about administrater. I skipped this, and now i cant access the used drive- it tells me i have no access. There are other important files, so i need access

:)

normanlidbury, Nov 7, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 7, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

USB drive has locked

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

USB drive has locked

1. USB drive has locked - Similar Threads - USB drive has

2. Task Manager Locks USB Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Locks USB Drives: When a USB drive is used on a Windows 11 computer, one must stop task manager in order to unplug the device. If you try to securely eject the disk while task manager is running, you will receive the message that the device cannot be stopped as a program still uses it. By...
  3. Task Manager Locks USB Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Locks USB Drives: When a USB drive is used on a Windows 11 computer, one must stop task manager in order to unplug the device. If you try to securely eject the disk while task manager is running, you will receive the message that the device cannot be stopped as a program still uses it. By...
  4. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked my C Drive: I have a laptop from my old job. That company has since gone under. I have no access to the bitlocker key as the company had set the laptop up. I have tried various system recoveries, rebooting system via the bios, trying to unlock the C drive via cmd but nothing works....
  5. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker has locked my C Drive: I have a laptop from my old job. That company has since gone under. I have no access to the bitlocker key as the company had set the laptop up. I have tried various system recoveries, rebooting system via the bios, trying to unlock the C drive via cmd but nothing works....
  6. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

7. D Drive has been locked by bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive has been locked by bitlocker: My D drive got locked by bitlocker and i don't have the recovery key or password. I have not set the bitlocker recovery key for my drive. The only recovery key I have is for my C drive on a flash drive. Can anyone help me with this....
  8. D Drive has been locked by bitlocker

D Drive has been locked by bitlocker: My D drive got locked by bitlocker and i don't have the recovery key or password. I have not set the bitlocker recovery key for my drive. The only recovery key I have is for my C drive on a flash drive. Can anyone help me with this....
  9. Locked usb Drive.

Locked usb Drive.: I have been trying to unlock this USB stick/drive. But all that happens is I get the message "this drive is write protected". This is mind numbing, it hasn't even got a lock switch. I have tried formatting, deleting the files. Changing it to "shared", I have tried...
  10. How To Lock A USB Drive

How To Lock A USB Drive: Unlike a memory card, the USB flash drive do not have a physical lock switch. Without using a password to access a USB drive, how else can I lock a USB drive, or just folder in the removable drive (for free)? I have a folder with my applications as backup. Most times...