Windows 10: USB Drive icon missing

Discus and support USB Drive icon missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm just wondering if someone knows how to restore the icon for a USB drive? Whenever I plug in any USB drive, it's icon shows up as blank icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BCI1999, Oct 2, 2019.

1. BCI1999 Win User

USB Drive icon missing

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering if someone knows how to restore the icon for a USB drive?
    Whenever I plug in any USB drive, it's icon shows up as blank icon in Windows explorer:

USB Drive icon missing [​IMG]

I don't know how this happened, it doesn't affect anything except looking horrible.
    Someone knows how to fix this?

:)

BCI1999, Oct 2, 2019
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Oct 2, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Oct 2, 2019
  4. ConiGL Win User

USB Drive icon missing

USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Carried the step by step instructions as far as Item 5. Interestingly the Safe remove icon was turned on. Toggled the on/off button and left it in the off position then rebooted with the intention to clear anything that
    may have prevented the icon showing up. With bootup complete the Safe remove icon is now visible in the Hidden icon box and is active when tested.

After bootup proceeded as per instruction No 5 to see if Safe remove icon button is in the ON position. NEGATIVE. It is in the OFF position and seemingly works fine.

Hi you won't normally see the safely remove icon unless there is a usb device attached. Then it should show up so you can safely remove the device. If you dont see it click the up symbol on right hand side of taskbar to see if it is hiding in the tray. The
    minute you insert a usb device it should be visible to you. If you have already done step 3 and step 4 that is all you should need to do to have it pop up automatically when usb device is present. It will disappear when the device is removed. Normal behavior
    for you. Hope that clarifies.

ConiGL, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

USB Drive icon missing

1. USB Drive icon missing - Similar Threads - USB Drive icon

2. USB icon missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB icon missing: USB icon missing form my task bar. It is not in my task bar notification settings either? what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-icon-missing/3beb7b0c-acfc-4ed3-b956-dde51ad066bc
  3. missing drives icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing drives icons: I just went to explorer and saw that my drive icons are missing. If I connect a usb drive it will show the drive icon. Rebooting didn't help. How do i fix it? [ATTACH]...
  4. One drive icon missing

One drive icon missing: My one drive icon disappears from the taskbar every couple of days. I have tried several different ways to reinstall onedrive yey these only allow the icon to remain for a couple of days but in some cases only until i next shut down...
  5. Monitor USB Drives, notify use if USB drive goes missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor USB Drives, notify use if USB drive goes missing: Hello, Is there a way either using Task Scheduler or other means to notify you if a hard drive or USB drive fails or goes missing in Windows 10? Thank you, Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. USB - Autorun.ico, and Drive Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    USB - Autorun.ico, and Drive Icons: Hi. My first post. Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.592) Big problems with USB icons. Previously I have been able to set USB Drive Icons in the Registry. Now they do not work. Hard Drive and DVDs are fine, but not USBs or SDs. Similarly autorun.inf wuth autorun.ico, do...
  7. Strange USB-Drive Icons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange USB-Drive Icons: Hello, I really need some help. Since Yesterday all my USB-Drive Icons look like on this Screenshot [img] But only when i connect to the Internet otherwise they look normal [img] I have this problem on all of my PC's. When I am connected to the Internet for every...
  8. Strange USB-Drive Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange USB-Drive Icons: Hello, I really need some help. Since Yesterday all my USB-Drive Icons look like on this Screenshot [img] But only when i connect to the Internet otherwise they look normal [img] I have this problem on all of my PC's. When I am connected to the Internet for every...
  9. One Drive missing cloud icon

One Drive missing cloud icon: One Drive is running but there is no cloud icon in the notification area - yes I have revealed hidden icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-missing-cloud-icon/e61768a9-9555-456b-90a3-0f0a87c228df"
  10. Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter: Hi there, I have three HDD drives and four partitions. Recently I locked them all using bitlocker. The bitlocker icons are showing on my two drives letters but icons are missing on the other two partitions. [ATTACH] Why is that???...