Windows 10: USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...

Discus and support USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently plugged my USB on my laptop and tried transferring data. It showed me that its Write Protected. I tried ways to remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RohanSharma1998, Mar 16, 2019.

1. USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...

Hello all,

I recently plugged my USB on my laptop and tried transferring data. It showed me that its Write Protected.

I tried ways to remove the protection. Things I have tried and failed are as follows:

1. USB Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions > Checking boxes of 'Full Control' & 'Write' which were unticked.

This method did not prove effective.

2. Creating a DWORD in Registry under Storage Device Policies and setting it to 0.

This method also did not work.

3. Upon running diskpart from Command Window, and selecting the disk and running 'detail disk'. The 'Current Read-only State' and the 'Read-only' attributes are 'Yes' & 'No' respectively.

My friends say this is a software issue. Please help!

Note: My laptop has the latest update.

:)

RohanSharma1998, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Grom0X Win User

How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?

Please look at this Remove Write Protection from USB Drive in Windows 10/8/7

Grom0X, Mar 16, 2019
  3. USB flash drive write protected

How can I remove write protection on a USB flash drive?

Rev. Carl Bowers, Mar 16, 2019
  4. USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...

freebird_9924, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...

1. USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive... - Similar Threads - USB Drive Write

2. Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Write Protected: Background:Wanted to install a new SSD as my C drive, wouldn't copy correctly, had to do a new install of Windows.D drive Samsung SSD had all my Data - Pictures, Documents, etc. Cloned my D drive to an NVMe on a USB adapter, removed the SSD, installed the NVMe on a PCIE...
  3. Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Write Protected: Background:Wanted to install a new SSD as my C drive, wouldn't copy correctly, had to do a new install of Windows.D drive Samsung SSD had all my Data - Pictures, Documents, etc. Cloned my D drive to an NVMe on a USB adapter, removed the SSD, installed the NVMe on a PCIE...
  4. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives: I have been trying for several days to remove Write Protect on my Flash Drives.I have been trying the DOS Commands.I tried the DISKPART and none of the disk drives appear. I have also tried Windows 8.1, with the same results, but would like to stay on Windows 10.There are no...
  5. USB Flash drives write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drives write protected: Recently my four USB flash drives were write protected by Windows 10 Pro. I am using a version 2004. How can I removed the write protection. I have tried the DISKPART, REGEDIT, search the net, but to no help. Can anyone help me on this please. [ATTACH] Thank you Ricky...
  6. Write Protect USB Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Write Protect USB Drive: I need to make some data easily transferable and *tinker proof*. I have a set of 20 GB mostly PDF other Documents. Therefore I would like to put this data on a USB stick and afterward block anyone from editing selected parts. What can I do and how? submitted by...
  7. External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?

External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?: I have been using a Western Digital My Passport external USB 3.0 hard drive for years as a backup drive. My old computer died and I just replaced it. Now when I plug in the external drive, I cannot write to it in any way, even just renaming a file. This error message is...
  8. USB Flash drive is write protected

USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  9. USB Flash drive is write-protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  10. USB drive is write protected; unable to format

USB drive is write protected; unable to format: I had a USB pendrive with some data in it. I accidently plugged out my pendrive while the files within it were being deleted. Ever since then, my pendrive has got write protected. It even stopped showing the storage capacity in the Windows Explorer. I checked the details of...