Windows 10: USB Drive Issue

Discus and support USB Drive Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can longer access documents saved to my USB Drive F/Drive. Also, the mouse no longer operates as it should do. Any suggestions, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by USB Drive Issue, Feb 21, 2020.

1. USB Drive Issue

I can longer access documents saved to my USB Drive F/Drive. Also, the mouse no longer operates as it should do. Any suggestions, please?

:)

USB Drive Issue, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

USB Drive Issue [​IMG]

USB Drive Issue [​IMG]

USB Drive Issue [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Feb 21, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB Drive Issue

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

USB Drive Issue

1. USB Drive Issue - Similar Threads - USB Drive Issue

2. issue with usb drives on 2 pcs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue with usb drives on 2 pcs: So this might be hard to explain so bare with me so I have 2 pc a normal work one and a gaming one I have been using external drives for years to copy date to till recently I have had a massive issue so I tried to copy a large file about 300gb I noted it was going really slow...
  3. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive: My USB is 256GB and I need to image a company computer with a image in .iso format. This iso is 26.7 GB in size.I reformated the USB to exfat .I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation tool and created a bootable USB using the tool and this seems to have shrunck my USB to...
  4. Issues to eject USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues to eject USB drive: I plugged in a USB drive to my computer Windows 10, supplied the BitLocker password. I then opened the drive in the File Explorer. I opened 3 Word documents and 2 JPG files. I didn't make any changes. I then went to "Show Hidden Icons" on the task bar. I had no applications...
  5. USB generic flash drive issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB generic flash drive issue: Here is one for the books. It has me puzzled as a novice. It starts with 5samegeneric USB Flash Drives from online purchase. The computermy main user-HP PAVILION P-7 1297=Win10pro20H2. The 5 USB drives all act the same>on all usb ports< ISSUES>1. Will not recognize all...
  6. USB Flash Drive issues

USB Flash Drive issues: Hi everyone!! I have been trying to backup some files to my USB drive recently but, whenever I try, it works for the first 5 or so minutes before getting a warning that the file destination of the files does not exist as the drive disappears from Windows. Interestingly...
  7. USB flash drive issue

USB flash drive issue: Why Windows 10 laptop does not recognize USB flash driver when there is a file with password on it? Windows 7 does not have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive-issue/eec4cf01-2f10-4e8a-b860-7b49ee03291b
  8. issue with usb drive(s)

issue with usb drive(s): This is a weird one I have an old laptop -- but its running w10/1903 -- about 2 weeks ago I set up usb 3tb drive to clone my 2tb drive -- The 2tb drive is connected to the computer using the eSTATA port -- and works fine --- the 3tb drive connects via the usb2 port...
  9. Issues with reinstalling from USB drive

Issues with reinstalling from USB drive: A couple of days ago, due to some issues with Windows updates that weren't completely installed on my computer, my laptop crashed and has since then been unable to move past the Lenovo logo screen. I decided to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive and then followed the...
  10. Issue creating bootable USB drive

Issue creating bootable USB drive: Hi all, my first post. Thank you for any assistance in advance. I got a new 2nd hand Asus 2 in 1. I managed to finally get a fully functional Ubuntu Linux distro (dual boot) working on it. Unfortunately after getting it finally functional (Cheery Trail processors are not...