Windows 10: USB Drive Messeed Up

Discus and support USB Drive Messeed Up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was using my computer when I needed to use my usb drive so I plugged it in and this happened. The drive name changed and the files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarisGamer890, Aug 29, 2019.

1. USB Drive Messeed Up

Hello,

I was using my computer when I needed to use my usb drive so I plugged it in and this happened. The drive name changed and the files are messed up.

Please Help,

Haris

USB Drive Messeed Up a60cd6ab-9a10-4a22-946c-b9cd3521307b?upload=true.png USB Drive Messeed Up 1e3c9d4a-0759-4c9f-9dcc-6827f270c30e?upload=true.png

:)

HarisGamer890, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Aug 29, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB Drive Messeed Up

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB Drive Messeed Up nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

USB Drive Messeed Up

1. USB Drive Messeed Up - Similar Threads - USB Drive Messeed

2. USB drive showing up as 2 Drives on PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    USB drive showing up as 2 Drives on PC [Fix]: [IMG]Some Windows users have complained that when they connect a USB drive to their Windows PC, the USB drive shows up as 2 different drives when they plug it in. If you are facing the same issue, we have you covered with all working fixes. So, check out below. Fix USB drive...
  3. Setting up a usb drive on asus router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a usb drive on asus router: I have setup a usb drive on an asus router rt-ax86uI can get to the usb drive "Network> RT-AX86U-9E08> Staging" from explorer screen capture attachedAccessing "Staging" Win asks for network credentialsI've entered every possible correct credentialsWin gives error every timeIn...
  4. Setting up a usb drive on asus router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a usb drive on asus router: I have setup a usb drive on an asus router rt-ax86uI can get to the usb drive "Network> RT-AX86U-9E08> Staging" from explorer screen capture attachedAccessing "Staging" Win asks for network credentialsI've entered every possible correct credentialsWin gives error every timeIn...
  5. My usb drive not showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My usb drive not showing up: Hi, The issue started when i was moving some files from my computer to the usb suddenly the speed of writing became 0 bytes so i canceled the transfer and i unplugged the usb after thta i noticed that my file explorer in task manager was showing 700 mb per second in the disk...
  6. USB Drive does not show up in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive does not show up in Explorer: I installed Windows 10 using a Pen drive created by me from an ISO file of Windows downloaded. But the drive is not there in the explorer in order to eject it safely?...
  7. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse...
  8. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  9. usb drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive not showing up: I baught a well stared and reviewed cheap usb with 32gb from amazon, and it worked well for a while, eventually it just kept disconnecting and today when I looked i connected it again, it made the connection sounds, but it disappeared from the main list in file explorer, i...
  10. Backing up files to a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up files to a USB flash drive: Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc? when i try to backup to a usb thumb drive or whatever you call it. it asks me to save or import to dropbox. i prefer a program...