Windows 10: USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10

Discus and support USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a storage pool using a formatted, empty 1 TB USB drive, and then decided to remove it from the storage pool. It shows up in disc management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardHerndonTQ, Oct 22, 2019.

1. USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10

I created a storage pool using a formatted, empty 1 TB USB drive, and then decided to remove it from the storage pool. It shows up in disc management as a partition, but is not recognized as being connected. I want to use it as a Windows system and data backup drive. How do I return it to that condition?

:)

RichardHerndonTQ, Oct 22, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

For some reason, my Windows 10 Home will no longer boot or restart if my USB Storage Spaces drives are attached. It hangs on the initial "Toshiba" splash screen and never loads Windows 10. If I unplug the USB cord to the Storage Spaces drive, and reboot,
    everything loads fine. At which point I manually reattach my USB cord for the Storage Space drives to the computer and it goes through the process of reading the drives and bringing the Storage Spaces back on line.

I don't know if this is related to my growing pool of 16 USB Storage Spaces pool drives (about 50TB), or if there is something else preventing my computer from rebooting with the pool drives attached. When I first was building my Storage Spaces pool, and
    had only a handful of drives, there was no problem. I now have waited as long as 30 minutes for the computer to reboot with the 16 current drives attached, but it just hangs. Only takes about 1-2 minutes to load without drives attached, then another 2 minutes
    to recognize the Storage Spaces pool drives when reattached.

Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts as to a solution? Obviously, not too hard to boot everything manually, but would certainly prefer not to have the system hang after every restart when the drives are attached. Thanks for any comments.

GeorgeTaus, Oct 22, 2019
  4. USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10

Computer Not Recognizing Hard Drive Previously Used In Storage Space Pool

So I previously had an external hard drive that was used in a windows storage space pool, but that computer broke and I can no longer use it.

So I now have a new computer, but because the hard drive was part of a storage pool previously it doesn't recognize it.

I figured I could go back in and reformat it, but this is not the case. Device Manager recognizes it, but no other partition tool I've tried doesn't recognize it (including disk part). I just don't know what to do at this point.

Edit: Disk Management does not recognize it either.

Jace Bayless, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10

1. USB drive no longer recognized after being deleted from Storage Pool Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB drive longer

2. After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...: Rebooted, no help, no sign of formerly good drive appearing in either diskpart with subsequent 'list disk', and, no trace of it in 'disk management'...As this drive is in a 5.25" Icy Dock bay, shutdown, tested another 2.5" SATA in dock, no issues. Shutdown, reinserted WD...
  3. After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...: Rebooted, no help, no sign of formerly good drive appearing in either diskpart with subsequent 'list disk', and, no trace of it in 'disk management'...As this drive is in a 5.25" Icy Dock bay, shutdown, tested another 2.5" SATA in dock, no issues. Shutdown, reinserted WD...
  4. After deleting 2.5" SATA laptop drive from Storage Spaces pool, and deleting pool, drive no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Storage Spaces, if configured on your Windows 10 device, stores two copies of your […] This article How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format: Hello , i have an issue this the storage pool system i used to have a storage pool with my 2 hdd and SSD together I deleted that before I formatted and deleted the the storage pool tryring to create a new storage pool i keep getting cant prepare drives Close all application...
  7. Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage pool for Storage Spaces in Windows...
  8. Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage space from a storage pool in...
  9. Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you upgraded an existing pool, you'll be able to remove a drive...
  10. USB Drive No Longer Recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive No Longer Recognized?: Hey everyone! So, I've been running into a weird situation and I was hoping to run into some clarification on what I could do to fix the problem. I got a 128GB Flash Drive which I proceeded to install a portable, bootable Fedora install on. Of course, naturally, since...