Windows 10: USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management

Discus and support USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your USB drive is not appearing in This PC, but it is visible in the Disk Management panel in Windows 10, then this post […] This post USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management

WinClub, Jan 30, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the list has to be refreshed, even though I just refreshed it.

USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management [​IMG]

THX1138, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Mniazi Win User

Usb drive appears in disk management when no usb drive exists

In disk management I have disk 4 has removeable drive and the icons appears in desktop. I can eject this and the icon disappears & is removed from disk management but when I restart the PC the disk & icon re-appear although I have no usb sticks inserted in the machine.

Mniazi, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management - Similar Threads - USB drive appearing

2. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  3. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  4. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  5. Disk Management partitions not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management partitions not visible: I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any similar situations online. Trying to add a new SSD drive for additional storage, not Windows C drive. Disk Managment visual representation of partitions is greyed out/ greened out for some reason? I've restarted and all...
  6. No visibility in Disk Manager of USB backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No visibility in Disk Manager of USB backup drive: I bought a 2.5 inch 1Tb drive to serve as a recovery device. It is connected via a SATA/USB adapter to a USB port on the rear panel of the PC. It is not visible in File Manager, the Disk Managaer aplet, Device Manager, nor is it appearing in the UEFI BIOS. The BIOS settings...
  7. A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool: I don't know what to do submitted by /u/Lunix638 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/he27zp/a_usb_memory_not_appears_on_windows_disk/
  8. Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager: Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help! I installed a new additional hard drive into my computer. I used the right sata drive and plugged in the power. The BIOS shows it under disk drives. Device manager shows it listed, but not named. When I go to the disk manager to...
  9. Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol: I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the...
  10. Usb drive appears in disk management when no usb drive exists

Usb drive appears in disk management when no usb drive exists: In disk management I have disk 4 has removeable drive and the icons appears in desktop. I can eject this and the icon disappears & is removed from disk management but when I restart the PC the disk & icon re-appear although I have no usb sticks inserted in the machine. 71493

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why doee USB Drive (F:) appear in the This PC menu when there is no USB drive is inserted

2. windows 10 wont eject usb drive