Windows 10: USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown.

Discus and support USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello,I just got a new Usb Drive and while I was transferring data my laptop Unexpectedly shut-down. Afterwards the USB does not show up on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arn_Skr, Dec 13, 2019.

1. USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown.

Hello,I just got a new Usb Drive and while I was transferring data my laptop Unexpectedly shut-down. Afterwards the USB does not show up on my main Laptop. I put it on my friend's Laptop and it worked,I decided to format it because I thought that would fix the problem but nope. Here's some more info: Drive shows up in disk management. I can not assign New Drive Letter(Error: Console view is not up to date[Refresh doesn't work]) Can not clean through cmd Tried on different Profile didn't work

That's about it. It would be great if you guys could help me

submitted by /u/Arn_Skr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arn_Skr, Dec 13, 2019

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Dec 13, 2019
  3. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

I just built a new PC at Christmas and every now and again the PC is shutting down unexpectedly. It seems to happen randomly but it mostly happens when the PC is idling. It doesn't happen ever time its idling(maybe once every other day, seems to be completely random) and may not happen for days. Ive been watching a movie and had it shutdown, ive been gaming and had it shutdown. Here are the PC specs:

Asus Maximus VII Hero (latest BIOS, problem happened on older BIOS also)
    Intel i7 4790k (no OC)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 (only running at 1333)
    be quiet! Dark Rock 3
    EVGA GTX 660 ti (had this in my old system with no issues, latest drivers)
    Antec 520W (had this in my old system for over 2 years with no issues)
    Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot drive, Windows 8.1)
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB (used for my doc, video, pics ,etc..)
    Fractal Design Define R4

Here is a list of things i have discovered though troubleshooting that might help narrow down the problem:

-I have been able to play demanding games without issues(only shutdown once while gaming)
    -I have ran memtest for over 8 hours with no errors
    -I have stress tested the entire system with no issues
    -while stress testing CPU temp never goes over 70.
    -I had AIDA64 installed and came across this thread which is what i though the issue was. I have uninstalled AIDA64 but the problem still exists and i no longer think this is related.
    -I let the system sit in the BIOS while I wasn't using it for many days to see if it would still shutdown and it did not (could have been luck I dont know)
    -The PC does not restart itself. After pressing the power button it boots normally with no error messages. When I go into the system logs I can see the unexpected shutdown.
    - I tried disabling all startup programs except Norton 360 and it went a week then it shutdown

-The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.
    Source: Kernel-PnP
    Event ID: 219
    This warning has been showing up in the logs since i built the computer but didnt think much of it. Ive done alittle research on this and found that there is lots of other people with Asus MB's reporting this error, but none of them that i read have reported unexpected shutdowns. Do you think this could be linked to the shutdowns? This thread on the ROG forums has lots of info on the topic.

- i also see this warning in the logs: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8\9b9ceeb8e1be31f835c6ccec7c889d8d71f4f142.

-Another warning:
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
    Network link is disconnected.

-None of these warnings are showing up right before the unexpected shutdown so i dont know if they are related at all.

Thanks for the help

Deridder45, Dec 13, 2019
  4. USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown.

unexpected shutdown on windows 10

Thanks for the reply.

The issues are unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10.

Occasionally, I get a message during system boot-up or while in Windows that the C drive may be corrupt and chkdsk must run. There are 2 'found' folders on the C drive and I know that is not a good sign. Yet the SSD Management tool (SSD Guru for OCZ Vector)
    shows the drive is healthy with no errors.

This happens once a week on average. The drivers and firmware are up to date for my SSD.

I checked the event viewer logs and have seen a windows update in progress before the shutdown.

I performed Step 1 and Step 2 above with no issues. Step 3 gave me the error 605.

I noticed that OCZ recommends a secure erase/format of the SSD before updating the firmware. I think I'll take that step later today (have to backup data, make sure I have bootable image to restore with) to see if it helps.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Victor

SuperSixTXC, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown.

1. USB Drive not showing up anymore after unexpected shutdown. - Similar Threads - USB Drive showing

2. usb drive not showing up after power outage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not showing up after power outage?: hello. a recent power outage happened where i live and now my flash drive doesnt work. it worked fine after that but it was beeping like "....beep...beep...beeep..." it is a seagate ps4 gaming drive, 2 terabytes....
  3. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  4. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown: I have been using windows 10 from a Long time but encounter this kind of problem first time. I was Creating Backup of Some File when my laptop unexpectedly shutdown. When i turned on my laptop again one of my drive was Missing.I opened Disk management and saw that the space...
  5. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown: I have been using windows 10 from a Long time but encounter this kind of problem first time. I was Creating Backup of Some File when my laptop unexpectedly shutdown. When i turned on my laptop again one of my drive was Missing.I opened Disk management and saw that the space...
  6. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  8. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  9. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  10. usb drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive not showing up: I baught a well stared and reviewed cheap usb with 32gb from amazon, and it worked well for a while, eventually it just kept disconnecting and today when I looked i connected it again, it made the connection sounds, but it disappeared from the main list in file explorer, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb flash drive vs unexpected shutdown