Windows 10: USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

Discus and support USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/easy_company1, Jan 7, 2021.

1. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse files. In diskpart the volume is 0 bytes, there is no label, no format lable. The only thing that is listed there is that the type is removable and the type is 0 bytes. I've tried changing the volume label and have even tried multiple computers/ports. What should I do to fix this?

submitted by /u/easy_company1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/easy_company1, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Tim1901 Win User
    File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives"
    and it shows the "A" drive connected. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!!

Tim1901, Jan 7, 2021
  4. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows explorer

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar and in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions from the USB show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled. I have tried removing and adding c and drive d drive from the indexing options. I also tried clearing the device search history but nothing
    seems to work.

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

1. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer - Similar Threads - USB Drive showing

2. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  3. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  6. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  7. USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer

USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer: I have had years of frustration with my USB floppy drives not showing up in windows explorer. I had been using the 'fast finger' technique to get it up in the half second or so after it is connected. Tonight I failed at that and out of frustration I typed A: in the search box...
  8. USB Drive does not show up in Explorer

USB Drive does not show up in Explorer: I installed Windows 10 using a Pen drive created by me from an ISO file of Windows downloaded. But the drive is not there in the explorer in order to eject it safely?...
  9. usb drive not showing up in file explorer

usb drive not showing up in file explorer: win 10 updated 2 days ago. I have a 256gb cruzer usb 3.0 drive. When plugged in either directly to cpu frame, or a 3 port usb 3.0 extender port, I hear the win 10 sound that a usb drive has been plugged in but it never shows up in file exploerer. So I can't access the drive....
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb flash plug sounds but no show file explorer

2. USB In sound works but not show up in explorer