Windows 10: USB drive not showing

Discus and support USB drive not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my issue is, that I have a USB drive that I am trying to access with my BIOS, it was showing up yesterday but today I've had no luck for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dovahv, Aug 24, 2021.

1. dovahv Win User

USB drive not showing

So my issue is, that I have a USB drive that I am trying to access with my BIOS, it was showing up yesterday but today I've had no luck for some reason. I used rufus to reformat it into FAT32 and FreeDos. I really didn't know where to take this issue until I look at the advanced restart menu, where I clicked on "Use a device" and it ended up not showing my USB either. This was weird because it shows up in explorer.exe but not in the BIOS or advanced restart menu. I figured I would ask my question here since if I can fix the problem with the restart menu, I can probably fix the BIOS one simulta

:)

dovahv, Aug 24, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Aug 24, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 24, 2021
  4. 7.62 Win User

USB drive not showing

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

Thema:

USB drive not showing

1. USB drive not showing - Similar Threads - USB drive showing

2. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  3. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  4. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  5. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  6. Bootable USB Drive Not Showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootable USB Drive Not Showing: Hi, please help, I still can't boot my laptop properly.This problem is the continuation from this...
  7. A usb drive is not showing

A usb drive is not showing: A USB drive is not showing, though all other USB devices are showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-usb-drive-is-not-showing/3475f09b-9499-4e04-ae88-89558b7b4769
  8. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  9. usb drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive not showing up: I baught a well stared and reviewed cheap usb with 32gb from amazon, and it worked well for a while, eventually it just kept disconnecting and today when I looked i connected it again, it made the connection sounds, but it disappeared from the main list in file explorer, i...
  10. usb drive not showing on computer

usb drive not showing on computer: I have a Seagate 1 terabyte external hdd and windows 10 cant see it.. even when I go to C: drive and display all drives its not showing. its installed drivers but still cant find it.... major help on this would be good. does anyone else have this problem at any stage...