Windows 10: USB drive not working

Discus and support USB drive not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to just to open my usb drive but I get this can u help me thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syrym Kulzhan, Jan 30, 2023.

1. USB drive not working

I'm trying to just to open my usb drive but I get this can u help me thank you.https://www.dropbox.com/s/96dg8vx1bigjkfp/Screenshot_20230130_111203.png?dl=0

:)

Syrym Kulzhan, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB drive not working nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

USB drive not working

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

USB drive not working

1. USB drive not working - Similar Threads - USB drive working

2. USB drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive not working: Hello, ive been trying to fix my usb drive for a while now because it doesnt show up in file explorer and i would like to use it to fix my xbox.In the image above, that is what i see when it is plugged in and when i look at disk management. these are the only options i have...
  3. USB drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not working: Hello, ive been trying to fix my usb drive for a while now because it doesnt show up in file explorer and i would like to use it to fix my xbox.In the image above, that is what i see when it is plugged in and when i look at disk management. these are the only options i have...
  4. USB drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  6. USB drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive not working: I'm trying to just to open my usb drive but I get this can u help me thank you.https://www.dropbox.com/s/96dg8vx1bigjkfp/Screenshot_20230130_111203.png?dl=0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-not-working/9cf71b77-ee32-4cb7-a8e9-61053fab7f4b
  7. USB Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Not Working: I have Usb Flash Drive and when I plug it in it shows up then it disappears and says that it is not recognized. Please help is there an way to fix this? Ask questions if needed....
  8. USB Drive is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive is not working: Two weeks ago I was able to use that USB drive... However, when I plugged it in again today it was greyed out. I always eject all my USB drives safely and I also tried running chkdsk from the command prompt but I got an error saying that access was denied. I have files of...
  9. USB Drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Drive not working: I have a SanDisk Ultra Fit USB (128 GB), it was working and functioning normally. One day, I try to open it, but it wasn't, it first said NTSF underneath it, so I tried to unplug it and then plug it back in again, thinking it was nothing. It appears for a couple of seconds,...
  10. USB drives not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB drives not working: Non of my USB ports on my computer are working. How do I fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drives-not-working/10a6b1ed-c0cc-4bec-897e-4a06587786c8