Windows 10: USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

Discus and support USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...? anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexlang2, Aug 10, 2018.

1. alexlang2 Win User

USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

HI,

my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...?

anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full.

:)

alexlang2, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Hi,

This can be caused by a driver issue or virus-infected USB drive. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suitable to your pen drive concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does it appear in the disk management?
    • Can you connect other USB drives and see if the same error will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the USB driver as an initial troubleshooting step and see if the error will occur again when you connect your USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 10, 2018
  3. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Sorry for the delayed response. If it's not appearing in the disk management, then it's possible that there is no driver for the USB pen drive. We suggest that you visit the device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for the USB pen.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING - Similar Threads - USB DRIVE PEN

2. Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive: Can somebody help me fix slow speeds on USB 3.0 pen drive. My port is also USB 3.0 and I have reinstalled all the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-speed-on-usb-30-pen-drive/f0a62c14-6df1-4998-88a3-b4c9c8e985dd
  3. Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow speed on USB 3.0 pen drive: Can somebody help me fix slow speeds on USB 3.0 pen drive. My port is also USB 3.0 and I have reinstalled all the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-speed-on-usb-30-pen-drive/f0a62c14-6df1-4998-88a3-b4c9c8e985dd
  4. USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised: My pen drive was working properly last year but now its not recgnised. It's a 32gb 3.0 usb pen drive. it is working 100% and how do i know that? If i plug it in to my lenovo legion laptop with windows 10 on it, it doesnt work, if i plug it in in my good old acer with a...
  5. USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 32gb pen drive not recognised: My pen drive was working properly last year but now its not recgnised. It's a 32gb 3.0 usb pen drive. it is working 100% and how do i know that? If i plug it in to my lenovo legion laptop with windows 10 on it, it doesnt work, if i plug it in in my good old acer with a...
  6. Windows not able to read USB pen drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not able to read USB pen drive: I have a old 4 GB USB pen drive, which Windows is unable to interact with. It detects it, but cannot read it. It is not a problem of my device or the Windows installation, because other pen drives work and I also tried it with another device, rather it seems a problem of my...
  7. Windows not able to read USB pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not able to read USB pen drive: I have a old 4 GB USB pen drive, which Windows is unable to interact with. It detects it, but cannot read it. It is not a problem of my device or the Windows installation, because other pen drives work and I also tried it with another device, rather it seems a problem of my...
  8. Attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive)

Attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive): Really disheartening. A very simple thing: attaching and detaching a USB flash drive (pen drive) is becoming a painful operation: sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't work with the "Safe Removal". Usual: "Device currently in use. Close any programs or windows...
  9. USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive: Made a windows recovery drive. The USB drive works to boot up the laptop . But windows does not recognize the drive in explorer or disk management. I want to update the recovery drive , having done a major windows update. Any idea how to work with the USB drive ? Thanks...
  10. USB Pen Drive Failure

USB Pen Drive Failure: I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying Ashampoo Office 12 (no power failure or accidental pressing of a key). The pen drive is now inaccessible and is not recognised by...