Windows 10: USB Drive Question

Discus and support USB Drive Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone give me advice on how do I stop my USB drive to not keep flashing constantly? My 4GB pen drive is not staying stable. I need some help on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AkhilSomaiya, Mar 14, 2021.

1. USB Drive Question

Can anyone give me advice on how do I stop my USB drive to not keep flashing constantly? My 4GB pen drive is not staying stable. I need some help on it. I tried running some command prompts, tried deleting the driver, and restarting the computer, tried plugging and unplugging but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

:)

AkhilSomaiya, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 14, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

USB Drive Question

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

USB Drive Question

1. USB Drive Question - Similar Threads - USB Drive Question

2. USB external drive question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB external drive question: I have several computers both laptop and desktop all running Windows 10. My last build has USB 3.1. I have an issue where drives that I have utilized as external drives both flash drives and old hdds in external bays via USB stopped showing up in windows explorer. All other...
  3. Question about Windows Indexing USB Drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about Windows Indexing USB Drives: Windows Indexing of external discs. If such discs are being powered off and maybe powered on again a couple of days, or even a week later, does Windows' index 'remember' what is stored where on these drives? Or will Windows start indexing them from scratch? One might argue...
  4. A question about a recovery usb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A question about a recovery usb drive: Hi, so I am posting this because my computer isn't too new but it is still running 10 smoothly. But since it isnt too new now, it may stop responding, lag, not boot properly, give errors, etc . There are some trojans that overwrite your MBR like it happened in 2016. I may...
  5. BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.: I have a couple of questions concerning USB Recovery Drives such as can be created by AOEMI and MACRUM Backup programs. They have got my PCs going many times over the years. First ,does the Flash Drive have to be empty?I think I recall having to format the drive before use,...
  6. Question about USB installation drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about USB installation drive: Hi, could Windows have problems if it was installed with a USB bootable drive that was prepared from an external HDD? Let me explain: since I didn't want to uselessly load the PC on which I prepared the installation USB drive I sent it at download to an external HDD. Now, I...
  7. Drive Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Question: [IMG] I attached an image of my directory, can anyone explain what the three drives I have and how they are used ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-question/a32f527b-a6b9-4540-ab82-088802621378"
  8. usb question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb question: When trying to use my USB to install windows on another laptop it keeps asking me to browse for drivers is the USB download corrupt Thank you Tim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-question/189e987c-b4f2-490a-b64f-d73268843439
  9. A question about USB drives

A question about USB drives: Hey, Don't know if this a dumb question or not but I'm asking just because I'm curious. Deleted data still stays on a drive, right? At least until it's overwritten by another thing? When I plug a flash drive or even a phone via USB in a PC and delete a file from there, is...
  10. Booting from USB drive questions

Booting from USB drive questions: OK I have been trying for the last 2 days to boot from a usb drive on my computer, read some of the tutorials on how to do this method. Nothing seems to work so far. Been trying the recovery method, then choosing Advance setup. That works to the point of showing my choices,...