Windows 10: usb drive will not open

Discus and support usb drive will not open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to format a usb drive that iis not recognized?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul + DonnaCrossett, Jun 13, 2020.

1. usb drive will not open

how to format a usb drive that iis not recognized?

:)

Paul + DonnaCrossett, Jun 13, 2020

2. open USB

Hello,

When using a USB flash drive, no additional cables or adapters are required. To answer your query, you may refer to the steps below on how to open a USB flash drive:

• Plug your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your computer.
    • The drive will appear as a removable disk and will bring up a window showing the memory stick is now seen as a drive on your computer.
      You will also get a menu or options to use the device.
    • Select Open folder to view files.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 13, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

usb drive will not open

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

usb drive will not open

1. usb drive will not open - Similar Threads - usb drive open

2. where is the pop up to click on to open usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the pop up to click on to open usb drive: where is the icon on the lower right hand side for us to click on to open the usb drive we want to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-pop-up-to-click-on-to-open-usb-drive/0612cec8-e619-453f-b11c-568a9bddd687
  3. My folder in my usb drive cannot open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder in my usb drive cannot open: , shows as per below picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folder-in-my-usb-drive-cannot-open/d5925ff9-a89b-470f-bb7f-3088fa285f79
  4. My folder in my usb drive cannot open

My folder in my usb drive cannot open: , shows as per below picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folder-in-my-usb-drive-cannot-open/d5925ff9-a89b-470f-bb7f-3088fa285f79
  5. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open exe apps from usb drive: Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help...
  6. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

Cant open exe apps from usb drive: Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help...
  7. unable to open usb drive files in word excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    unable to open usb drive files in word excel: i am unable to open ms word/excel/html files on usb drive i am using ms office 2010 and when i try to copy it gives me error i couldnt open html file in new edge browser but it open fine in chrome however i can open pdf files on usb drive [img] [img] [img] [img] -...
  8. Unable to open a G Drive mobile USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open a G Drive mobile USB: I recently bought a DELL Inspiron laptop uses Microsoft, having used Apple for years. I have a G DRIVE G Technology mobile USB, when I plugged it into my old laptop, a window appeared allowing me to open it. I've plugged it into my DELL laptop and nothing happens, I can find...
  9. USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING: HI, my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...? anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full....
  10. opening a USB drive

opening a USB drive: I can not open a USB drive. How do I do it? The audible sounds when inserted, but I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/opening-a-usb-drive/db9ebdbf-d38f-4211-9465-c4ff3b73cf21